Turns 122 - 130

I still suffer from jetlag. Who will play? I can later today... We may evacuate all at new City, but what about idea to handle Shlisslelburg?

Just wait a day or two. We have time, no need to hurry, especially with jet lag.

If you don't want to play, I can do so tonight. But then I'll be gone till Monday.

OK, let me play this turn tomorrow.

I think we may handle Shlisselburg 1 more turn, but I am not sure, that it is good for us.

Let make decision about that first.

My vote: disband now. If we lose horses there, it'll really hurt. We already had too many losses last turn.
We have been very lucky that we got Chivalry for free! We should make the most out of it. Retreat, build up our forces (now that Camelot has finished the GLib, we can really out-produce them) and then strike hard.
Also: if we don't build the new town this turn, we'll have two settlers on hold! (Together with the settler-disbanded one.)

We may build new city and hold shisselburg. This turn they have nothing near to attack. If it is really something behind, we may retreat more efficiently.

i do not understand Lokis log. and i have no clue what you did last turn.
t_x

If I counted correctly, we lost 6 units = 180s, and the Anarchos lost 1 Knight and 1 MI = 110s.
Do we have upgraded Knights and galleys in place for a counter-attack? Well, even if we do, we will only hit their 9 Hoplites, not their Knights :(

Honestly, I don't understand why you are burning our precious units, when we could have retreated, upgraded and then killed their stack with ease. :confused:

not sure if Lokis move is withing the idea of this game. but actually i have no idea any more what this game has to do with the idea of any game any more.

settle towards the Eagles and then take their town? probably they will bring settlers and troops to the other end of the continent soon, and i do not think the Knights should allow that.

t_x

Ok, the situation changed completely now. We have survived!! And have now the best chances for setting up a powerful empire again...
Eagles will of course try to use their GA for preventing this.

How about the following:
  • L-E: Forbidden Pallace
  • Avallon: Aqueduct (Another one in SW-Fish-Village?)
  • M-H: Temple (finally want to use the BG and hill for Clariton)
  • Settlers wherever possible. Use roads and ship chains to settle land quickly. Eagles won't give us much time...
  • And until we are sure what the Eagles are up to: military!

in hindsight, Lokis attack was ridiculously bad played. he easily could have taken Shlisselburg if he would not have had proceeded so foolishly, given the material he had at hands.

whatever, i do not understand the Eagles´ move neither. they are still weak, on one level with the Küche, who have no military to speak of. therefore, i would recommend to threaten them either to hand over The Village or to go to war. you are not going to accept their presence on the continent now that it is clear that they supported your enemy. and if they to not make you that present, take The Village in 2 turns!
therefore you simply ship the 4 knights over the lake, plus whatever else you esteem necessary.
however, make sure to get a ship into each of the safe channels to the other continent in the north ASAP, to check if there is an invasion fleet there. and another ship in the south, or two, the whole way up to the channel location at the old Anarchic capital site.

Tinta should go back to SF duty. immediate settlers from SW fish village, Mynydd, Caerfy, Glaston, OO, Cadbury, and even Avalon if you ask me (duct after the settler).

FP in L-E is a no-brainer.

why are the towns unhappy? did you still enjoy WH?
the 5th lux (incense) has to be a priority... 20% lux is baaaad.

Pyramids in Camelot could be an option (finally sell the granary!), if not military from here, plus Clariton and Camlann and Montsalvat should clearly suffice to keep the Eagles off your continent.

why did the Küche disconnect their iron?

t_x

Agree with t-x plan. We need to workout best road and colony or town at incense.

LE better to rush CH first. Why not pump settler from Camelot?

[*]Avallon: Aqueduct (Another one in SW-Fish-Village?)
[*]M-H: Temple (finally want to use the BG and hill for Clariton)

if you want culture there, better build it in Avalon, so you always get that mountain into your land.

t_x

I would say:
  • Settlers in Cadbury Castle, Glaston, Clariton, M-H, O-O, Avalon, perhaps Tintagel. (Careful in Avalon: the forest will fall IBT, leaving only 9spt. Can we get to 10spt without leaving Camelot short of shields??)
  • Sail the existing settler over to Timbuktu. Then we have a port on the other side of the lake and can send other settlers (and some Kts) there quickly and use the Anarchic roads to claim territory.
    Also, Timbuktu has a fish and a floodplain, so we can rush settlers there quickly.
  • At the same time sail 2-3 settlers along the west coast up to the incense resources. (We need to claim both quickly, so we can send one to the Küche.)
  • I'm afraid of building another wonder in Camelot. I expect the Eagles to attack us with Cav in at most 12 turns. I would say, a couple of Longbows and then 3-turn Knights from Camelot. Colossus might be nice, but I think the Eagles will finish it soon...

it is much too late for Colossus. Pyr is the only interesting WW i can see atm. you have to grow a lot of population very fast to even become competitive by the time the Eagles are beaten. but LBs and Knights of course are a good option.

t_x

PS: before you move, please wait for a few answers from justanick. We could "trade" Theology for Gunpowder now, and they might need some gold to finally get 4-turn research started. (I'm sure, we'll need Cavs pretty soon... :()

PS: before you move, please wait for a few answers from justanick. We could "trade" Theology for Gunpowder now, and they might need some gold to finally get 4-turn research started. (I'm sure, we'll need Cavs pretty soon... :()

OK, let me know. But I can send Theology accepted anyway. We obviously need gold for fast settlers. I think REx now top priority. May be we will draw plan?

Can we get to 10spt without leaving Camelot short of shields??)
Camelot will produce 1 settler now to use Granary.

Ok, neither gold nor techs needed in this turn.

Not sure how to plan our REX? I think the following ring around L-E would be good to benefit from the FP, and beyond that area we simply ICS everything for future science farms?

justanick thought that maybe the Anarchos left another tech (e.g Astronomy?!) for the Eagles, but if I didn't miscalculate, none of the techs except Gunpowder have a price reduction this turn. So the Eagles are only one tech ahead: Chemistry.

ahem... where is your diplo with the Eagles guys? or are you just set to attack them anyway?

there are still some MM spots. i would not be excited about that MI from Avalon. Caer really to build that harbour now? ...

t_x

Top Bottom