Turns 122 - 130

aside from towns, the loss of units also counts towards WW...

for the Lanzelot style of diplo, full price or even more for that town is actually the right thing. i would conduct my diplo in a totally different way, so my ideas do not fit. as i said repeatedly, i defenitely would have asked for the town for free. it is too late for that now. so pay your 150 to 200 gold, it won´t be decisive anyway.

t_x

1. 200 - 250 for Village looks resonable.
2. I personally don't like ICS, but at new land it does not matter.
as I outlined a few posts ago, there is absolutely no way we could land a sufficiently strong force on the other continent in the near future. So The Village would be the only town we can count on taking.)
I think we must start shipping NOW. Or at least make an agreement with Kuche.

Most of our ships are currently on the west coast, but I started shifting the first ships over to the east coast now (in order to collect the settler from O-O). However, it will still take 3-4 turns before the first ships are in place. Or we ship it the long way via cannibal island?

In any case, there are still problems:
  • if we ship now, it'll be Knights, and in 7 turns we can't upgrade them to Cav.
  • if we ship via Hotel California, the Eagles will see it, while if we ship via cannibal island, it'll take ages.

i cannot see the "ship troops over now" plan work. Lanzelot´s points are the reason why. and actually there is not so much military there anyway.

if you want to support the Küche, give them money for shortrushes and upgrades.

t_x

Are you sire, that MT will be in 7 turns? So Kuche has Chemistry? I did not trase your discussion.
The best strategy is ship troops at West. placed on kuche, make RoP and attack togethr.

you mean the short way by cow island, after Astro?
t_x

Yes indeed:
SW-Fish-Village --> Krauthausen: 5 turns

On the other hand: Krauthausen is far from the front, and they will probably not give us a core town for the Knight -> Cav upgrade... So the path via cannibal island may even be better? Especially as most of our ships are at Shlisselburg at the moment! And we can do some elite-fishing on the way (I upgraded all archers to Longbow now and they will attack the barb nest next turn. Once we cleared a spot, we can unload a couple of muskets there?)

Cadbury Castle --> Jever: 5 turns
The Village --> Kartoffelruhe: 4 turns

So the "eastern route" is only one turn faster, but leads through Hotel California territory. We can't do that...

I think: the "Cadbury Castle --> Jever route" via cannibal island is the best!
So I will send only one ship to O-O for settler transports and for scouting the coast.

i don´t understand why to get muskets to cannibal island? but anyway you will need to plant a town, so you get a warning if ever dromons should come that way. therefore it even should get some culture, so to block the way for peaceful wanderers and to get the seafood in.

t_x

South way better because less risky for attack of dormons.

MM seems a bit strange. and what has happened to Glaston??? i cannot expect you already want that to grow now, when so many workers and settlers are still needed.

the Eagles´ reply was predictable and totally on line with their behaviour until now. i would eventually stop that wishy washy diplo, but then, i would have never started it. ;-) what about a short reply like "Dear Eagles, it is not very easy to come on terms with you on any deal on the table. We may start to see a pattern in your negotiation and trading. And it always ends very soon with a sorry no, instead of a counter-offer. That is sad, and obviously does not lead to any deals. TKB."
or whatever. or just continue to pretend that you do not realize that they pretend.
t_x

MM seems a bit strange. and what has happened to Glaston??? i cannot expect you already want that to grow now, when so many workers and settlers are still needed.

We can no longer build archers. (And I completely forgot that walls are 20s also!! :mad::wallbash::wallbash:) Will need to rectify it in the next cycle. (At least we didn't need gold for these (Glaston and Tintagel) settlers now... :))

Yep, we'll never come to terms with the Eagles. Fortunately we don't need to.

Ok, save is there. Ivan: do you want to take over now for a couple of turns?

There are two Knights that can be shipped out of Cadbury Castle this turn. (I agree that the southern route would be better, but we don't have any ships down there. If we want to get some units over quickly, we have to use the northern route. In any case, it looks like the Eagles are not seriously planning a war at the moment: justanick just said that with a total of 4 muskets they are now strong compared to the Eagles?!? So we should be safe using the northern route.)

There are two settlers that can be ship-chained to Timbubuktu this turn.

L-E finishes the market, so we should be able to lower lux to 0% now (using a clown here or there) and L-E can start the FP.

OK, I will play. You did not explain me about politics with Kuche. Why we give them 2 Lux for 1? is it counted somehow for Techs they will give us? All diplo in German and I can't follow it.

I think better transfer LB and MIs, we may upgrade Knights soon.

Will need to discuss a re-arrangement of our luxury deals with them, but no time during my vacation...

I think Knights are better: Dornstetten is currently building a barracks for us, and they will gift that town to us, when we need to uprade.

Some comments on the recent save:

Are you sure you want to settle on the ruins near Apollinaris? That's much too close! After the FP is finished, Apollinaris will be a semi-core town and needs enough space for size 12. I had planned that settler for 1NW of the dyes tile, so that we get the sugar tile into our territory. What's your opinion, templar? In general I had a pattern like this in mind:

We should bring Camelot to 20spt again asap. 12spt is just a waste... (Perhaps a temple? Or even 10% lux? But I don't like a taxman in our capital.)

We should grow Avalon back to size 6 in 5 turns. And then we can use the hills for the Aqueduct. Why using only 2fpt? I suggest 3-3-4-4-4 now.

Edit: the Longbows should stay at cannibal island until they are elite (or the island is cleared for settlement). Landing 3-4 muskets that can absorb a handful of barb attacks and get auto-promoted to elite would be nice as well. We need some strong cover for our Cavs! (I examined the duel "Calis - Memento" on Civforum.de, and in my opinion one mistake that bot made was risking their precious Cavs much too easily instead of protecting them by muskets. 2 elite muskets on a hill, combined with Longbow defensive bombard will be a very good "retreat point" for our Cavs.

that position would only take 1 tile away from Apollonaris... so while i do not really like that ICS town where the settler stands now, the foundation of Apollonaris on that very spot hampered it more I think. for me, it should clearly stand 1SE... but Lanzelot said that would make it too corrupt. if you checked that, sure, fine. but size 12 is hard to reach for that town with the settler founding now or not.

otherwise, the dot where Lanzelot suggested has to be one of the next. the fortress location or the one next to the other wheat would be fine as well, so not to walk that settler back.

i asked the Küche to post in English for Ivan to know what is going on. have a look there. and i have been feeling all the time that more communication with them would be good, but that is just your decision guys.

t_x

and i have been feeling all the time that more communication with them would be good, but that is just your decision guys.

You are definitely correct here, but unfortunately real life takes its toll sometimes... If I had more time to spend on this game, I would respond faster and more often. It's not easy to run this game with just two people :( However, your occasional comments over in the embassy help a lot to keep it rolling! :goodjob: (To be honest: at first I was a bit afraid that you might make a damaging comment in an inappropriate moment, but I must say you are doing a pretty good job there... ;))
(The comment in the Turn Clock, however, was a bit "unnecessary"...:mischief:)

Ok, still have a few minutes tonight - I'll answer some of justanick's points now.

i am not an active team member any more, so of course i am not going to say anything "with a direction" in the embassy threads. only giving some information to your allies which i feel is in the spirit of what you guys would communicate, just do not have the time or the "language" to do so. you can always tell me to stop that, but i had the impression that justanick actually "needs" twice as much diplo as you are able to give him.

however, Lanzelot, for what i utter as my personal opinion as a participant in this game at some stage, in an open thread, you can honestly kiss my white hairy a** if you do not like it. you may love to play the good guy if nutcases like d7 and Loki go mental, but i am going to call them by their names if they enter the stage to celebrate themselves as heros and victims.

edit: plus i believe that you confuse the threads, as i have no clue which post in the turn clock thread you could actually mean.

t_x

@ Ivan - i would not say, like your posts with justanick indicate, that the land around the capital is 100% done.
1. the forest 1SE is not even roaded yet
2. the cap will hopefully not stay at its current status with 5-turn knighs when it could do the in 3 turns?!?!
3. the tundra is still "close" in my eyes and needs forests on it, chopped and replanted.

t_x

Top Bottom