1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Turns 180-199

Discussion in 'Team Doughnut' started by killercane, Sep 6, 2006.

1. killercane

killercane Deity

Thats two votes for Infantry so builds will be directed that way. We should have about 30 cavs, which should be enough anyway. Can anyone glean whether Sci Method is going to pay off? Or will we just be forced to find out?

2. Emp. Killyouall

Emp. Killyouall EVIL Emperor

Inf!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3. dl123654

dl123654 King

I think the choice is Sci Method (ToE) or Ind (Factories)

We will need Medicine before Sci Method, so that is a minimum of 8 turns after we finish RP

If you think we can beat MIA to it I would say go for it otherwise go for factories and Sun Tzu

4. killercane

killercane Deity

Fruitbomb-> Settler, Settler
    Olie-> Worker, Settler
    Robi's Bakery-> Worker, Settler

Everything is set for Rep Parts next turn. Will turn over all cav builds at that time to Infantry. We will be able to stock up some gold doing medicine and Sci Method.

5. RickFGS

RickFGS Deity

Go for industrialization

6. Maximilian

Maximilian Chieftain

This may sound stupid but why not go for Communism? Our empire is getting pretty big and it would cut down on War weariness when we do end up going to war; Not to mention the usefulness of police Stations...

If that sounds stupid then I'd go with Medicine. You can never go wrong with that tech. :)

EDIT: And I vote for Infantry, much more flexable then cav.

7. Robi D

Robi D Minister of (Dis)Order

The problem with going to Communism is the 5-6 turns of anarchy. Besides it will be a while before we are in a position to attack MIA. Go for infantry, its as goo as anything in attack and excellent in defence. Also artillary would hurt. Once we have rails everywhere i don't see a reason to keep the cavs, we could disband them in cities we want to rush things when the need arises.

The other thing we need is more ships, if Mia has an invasion plan the more we can sink before they get to land the better for us.

8. killercane

killercane Deity

Rep Parts is in. Set to Medicine. Greeks dont have Rep Parts.

Coffee-> Rifle, Inf

We make over 200 gpt now with the cheaper medicine as the Greeks have it. Our worker crew is really rocking now; most main cities are at 5 turn infantry or less.

9. dl123654

dl123654 King

What have they been researching :confused:

If we wanted to attack this would be a good time, landing the inf army with as many other troops in the jungle , forming a beachhead there, moving south along the coastline razing everything in sight while landing more troops and hiding under the inf army. Just thinking out loud :mischief:

I can see using the cav for homeland defense in case MIA was able to make a landing.

Disbanding them for production should only be done if we need to rush them. I would use them to increase the blockade.

We do need more ships, the blockade in our west was made so that MIA can't land in one turn and need to have their boats exposed before they can get to us, allowing us to move our blockade to where they are about to land.

10. RickFGS

RickFGS Deity

they have been researcnhig industrialization, must be on steel now, dont disband cavalry, you ´ve wasted production on building them so now 10 turns later you disband??? lol, if disband, "disband" them against KISS or MIA.

11. Kuningas

Kuningas Deity

MIA is propably going for Combustion. They may have SM and they are waiting to use ToE for more expensive techs. Change research to Industrialization asap. It's impossible to win ToE race.

12. Maximilian

Maximilian Chieftain

Are we planing on taking the entire condient soon? From the save file it looks like if we can maintain peace with MIA we can take KISS.

13. killercane

killercane Deity

Well we need to consolidate the conversation.

Technology
    Medicine is a 4 turner; at that point the decision will be Sci Method (may be lost before then) or Industrialization. Is the consensus Industrialization and build Sun Tzu's? Please vote.

Victory Condition
    If we are going for a diplo victory, then everyone needs to quit with the Kill KISS talk. If we are going for a domination victory, then attacking MIA soon would be beneficial, but how soon? We need to decide pretty much now before they get Infantry. We can add 3 galleons next turn and go at them in 2-3 turns. It will take some calculations to figure out if infantry army and 20 somethign infantry can withstand 50 cavs. My take is they wont; if not, at what point do we feel ready to attack? After they have tanks? Right before?

Army Composition
    What type of army do we need? We are set probably as far as cavalry, what about artillery? How many infantry should we reasonably have to invade MIA if we go that route? 50 Cavs vs. 25 Infantry gives them 0 chance of victory on flatland according to the simulation I just ran with Offa's calculator; obviously on jungle would be better.

I just checked and we have 23 cavs, several mounties to upgrade, 9 rifles, 8 spears. Upgrade cost for doing the spears is 210 gold per IIRC. +270 gold for the rifle upgrades, rushing a couple of galleons, +upgrade cost for mounties. We could have a decent force in 4 turns with no research.

14. Maximilian

Maximilian Chieftain

I like Diplo. Vics but do we really want to risk losing due to a vote? I'd sujest we go for dom.

Cavs are nice but I still think nothing can beat a well posistioned garrison of infantry...

Med or failing that Industry. Sci we don't really need right now, correct?

15. killercane

killercane Deity

Springfield and Crunch produced infantry. One cav produced from Powdered.

All cities are set to infantry now. We gained a barbarian privateer on defense but the new ship didnt generate anything by killing a second barb galley. Upgraded a few rifles.

Chamnix's Hold (MIA) is size 7 so we will see if it drops next turn to size 6, which would be a possible indicator of drafting. The problem I see with landing troops if we do not know if they will survive is the war weariness.

Medicine is turned down, but if we decide to turn research back on we will be able to get it in 4 turns anyway. Sun Tzus is 4 turns from completion. So are we agreed to forego the ToE?

Any city that can get 10 spt is now on that, with one at 15 spt, and several over 20 enough for 4 and 5 turn infantry.

Screenshots:

16. killercane

killercane Deity

More shots

17. killercane

killercane Deity

And why not a couple more?

18. Maximilian

Maximilian Chieftain

Sounds good but from those pics MIA seems to be owning us on every possible level...something has to be done pretty soon.

19. Robi D

Robi D Minister of (Dis)Order

Interesting looking advisors ;)

Do you think its worth getting sanitation, that way we could have more free units for the military or will there not be enough cities to be worth it.

@Maximillian KISS wont vote for MIA. We just have to make sure that we build the UN and not MIA.

20. Rik Meleet

Rik Meleet Top predator Retired Moderator

I foresee a big battle :woohoo:
    At least; if all those Inf's that you are building are meant to attack or defend. If you are just building them to match MIA's military strength then possibly no big battle....