Turns 180-199

5 Infantry Produced, 8 more next turn. Some drafting and disbanding + adding in workers will net us several more vets as compared to conscripts taking up space in the ships.

We will have 10 galleons of infantry, and one settler ready to land next turn. Our military is still average compared to MIA, and I do not see how they can stop us unless they have an incredible number of artillery on hand.

On the worker front, we have begun irrigating the jungle in the north and started cutting some already roaded jungle. All productive cities are going steady. Some cities in the east on rivers will need some more railing so we can get them up to a larger size and use tiles more efficiently.

Is the military plan a go? To reiterate, land on the furs forest, survive a turn, and journey on from there. I will check the forest landing to be sure with a privateer next turn so that the galleons dont get caught out in the open if they have a defender.

killercane said:
Is the military plan a go? To reiterate, land on the furs forest, survive a turn, and journey on from there. I will check the forest landing to be sure with a privateer next turn so that the galleons dont get caught out in the open if they have a defender.

Remember to fill the army and bring it as well.

Will they be landing next turn?

Before we launch it i think we should name the operaiton something cool. Also i am considering sending a letter to the diplomatic guy mia side asking to begin peace negoations. I like to do this before we attack just to rub salt in the wound. If next turn is d-day we might need to delay it to discuss matters more.

Okay i drafted a note to send them, It will ask for peace. Hopefully it will lower their defences, On the turn of the attack i will send another saying they were too slow with their reply.

Dearest Mr Grimey and the people of Greece,

It may please you to know that although the Greek and Doughnutian people no longer have an established embassy, we Doughnutians are always willing converse on matters of diplomacy. Having noticed your open proposal for peace Negotiations, I am writing this brief diplomatic note to accept your offer to begin the peace process so that we may get the metaphorical ball rolling towards the oasis of peace both our people desire.

“The Foreign Ministry of MIA is always open to the possibility of discussing when a meeting may be arranged to coordinate the scheduling of talks that would lay out an agreeable agenda for a conference to discuss Peace.”

As I am sure you appreciate our two people have had along history of trade and friendship, and that our current “confrontation” is unique in that neither of our nations really provoked each other and thus far neither of our nations have really prosecuted the war in any meaning full way.

You saw our establishment of an embassy as a hostile act; although I ensure you our foreign office meant no such offense. But whats done is done, you have declared war upon our people now we must work together to bring this conflict to a speedy conclusion. We thank you for not prosecuting this “war” against us, I take this mutual refusal to attack each other as a sign that there is no deep hatred between our people and such there is no reason we can not return to the pre-war status quo.

Citing our historical friendly relationship and our mutual distaste for war, I here by accept your proposal to begin to discuss peace. To begin with we shall state the terms we require to sign a peace agreement and you may reply with yours, then we can work together to come to a compromise. The only term he doughnutian people requires is a return to the status quo ante bellum; we have no interest in seeking any type of reparations or even a statement of guilt. Although we may have some small technical points (such as fishing rights) to define during the formal discussion process this is our only requirement.

Unlike the core cities of doughnut, kiss and the iron states the Greek homelands have never been visited by the horrors of war. Sure you have lost soldiers in the Greco-idiot war, and I don’t dare down play the loss this must have caused you, the vast majority of your people have never had their cities attacked, never seen cities razed, your children have only heard stories of battle in your international tribune they haven’t seen their friends die as cavalry run through the school grounds. I personally remember the feeling of knowing the giant Persian immortal armies were wondering through the sacred forest heading towards our cities. I was present when tear-filled governor of Cruller was forced to burn his own city to the ground. Please stop this conflict now before the people of Greece lose their innocence.

Yours faithfully

Nobotti Nobazine
Foreign Affairs Console
Republic of Doughnutia

Someone read over it and check it for spelling and crap before i send it off. Unless you dont want me to then make a case.

No problems with the spelling and crap. All in all it sounds good

Are you sure we should fill the army and land it? I think we will survive the turn without it, and it would be a good attack unit for whittling down cities when we have a beachhead. Some more thoughts: MIA still lacks Rep Parts and therefore artillery, so the amount of cannons they would need would be very high. Based on average military strength they cannot have over 65-70 attack units.

The note looks good.

Nobody said:
Unless you dont want me to then make a case.

I personally rather remain silient like we have been, pretend nothing is different from last turn to not lead them on to anything or have them attack before us, we can rub salt later.

Killercane said:
Are you sure we should fill the army and land it? I think we will survive the turn without it, and it would be a good attack unit for whittling down cities when we have a beachhead. Some more thoughts: MIA still lacks Rep Parts and therefore artillery, so the amount of cannons they would need would be very high. Based on average military strength they cannot have over 65-70 attack units.

Good point, landing D-Day+1 for cover for injured units would be a good idea.

I like the letter but agree with DL, MIA don't trust what we say anymore and will raise some suspicions, lets keep it quite.

dl123654 said:
I think artillery should go also but I think they should be in the second wave showing up on the second turn, the first wave should just be to establish a beachhead and it should consist of mostly if not all inf.

I agree :)

I believe 32 infantry is still not enough, get at least 50 pls and start putting those cities in wealth to get more income for upgrades and unit rush.

Also: The draft units/ adding workers is excellent killer, keep it up.

Tell KISS of D-Day 1 or 2 turns prior to the invasion, and get him ready to harass the northern coast, they will draw at least 10 or more units of MIAs armys towords them meaning less to our stack.

I don`t see the point of the letter.
It does not rub any salt, it is just one big lie, wich won`t even do us any good since we make our true intentions obvious the very next turn.
I just don`t get it.

I am with dl123654 here - just kill them, silently.

As for the army, I would bring it. If filled with infantry, it will still be a very good attacker.

Nobody said:
Okay i drafted a note to send them, It will ask for peace. Hopefully it will lower their defences, On the turn of the attack i will send another saying they were too slow with their reply.

Someone read over it and check it for spelling and crap before i send it off. Unless you dont want me to then make a case.

The note is very good and to add spice to it, send a tribute of 1 gold and make a happy face on diplomacy embassor screen. Thats all.

The army always defends first on the stack it is stationed, so if attacked it will prob get killed, so i sugest putting it with the artillerys and going on the secong wave. Can we rush two frigates for cover and land bombardment of coast to cut links and so?

Don't send the letter, we have been REALLY hostile towards them so far, whjat do you think they'll think?

Springfield, Chocolate, Crunch, Powdered, Strawberry, Dunkin, Frosted Lemon-> Infantry

Sweet-> Court
Apple Crumb-> Galleon
Sun Tzus complete in Krispy Kreme

We are now STRONG vs. the Greeks. Should we mobilize? A cav was blocking the forest but we were still able to land on the grass tile.

killercane said:
Springfield, Chocolate, Crunch, Powdered, Strawberry, Dunkin, Frosted Lemon-> Infantry

Sweet-> Court
Apple Crumb-> Galleon
Sun Tzus complete in Krispy Kreme

We are now STRONG vs. the Greeks. Should we mobilize? A cav was blocking the forest but we were still able to land on the grass tile.

If we are attacking then mobilse, to crank those units out.

Also how come i only have one battleon in my name :cry: ;)
May i suggest a 'donsig buttkicking brigade' as a name

I wouldn't mobilize yet need a couple of factories first.

When we are resuming science slider up?

MIA also began showing a ToE build last turn so they should have it built this turn. They still lack Rep Parts. We can start science back up next turn. Medicine and then Industry.

Top Bottom