Turns 180-199

Rik, as the lone spectator wants to see a big battle for domination of the world... maybe that would serve our interests as well.

Well no one pointed out that we have an average military now; that must have happened when we upgraded those rifles to infantry. That makes an attack more plausible. They have been leaving the forest by the mountain on their east coast undefended when I have checked intermittently. I would propose that for a landing spot should we attack, as it is close and reinforceable if we can get a foothold. Looks like we can build 9 infantry and upgrade 15 in the next 4 turns to give us about 30 to land with. I dont think they can handle that if we are average militarily. What is the vote now on going after them?

We could also draft some and add workers back in, as well as mobilize. I think Robi mentioned we can still build UN under mobilization? If so, this may be a good way to end the game quickly and take away the uncertainty of a UN build. Next turn I will consolidate forces in the east and look at the logistics; we will need 6 or 7 more ships as well. Might tell KISS to send us some gold and coordinate a landing by their meager forces since they do have some galleys available to land something. The more I think about it the more this seems the best option.

killercane said:
Rik, as the lone spectator wants to see a big battle for domination of the world... maybe that would serve our interests as well.
I've been lurking these turn threads since I can remember. ;)

I agree with the plan, but take some artillery along, 6 or more should prove valuable. Take all the Cavalry as well. A stack of 50 or more units should be prove difficult enough to stop.

Yes... but don't keep anything until airlifting is available...

I've been lurking these turn threads since I can remember.
Ok, gotta give Regentman some street cred. Two lurkers? Does anyone else take offense that no one has given us any chance in this game? Huh? No Respect??? Lets go get em!

*Sorry it is halftime of the Tennessee-Florida game, I'm a bit pumped up.

killercane said:
Ok, gotta give Regentman some street cred. Two lurkers? Does anyone else take offense that no one has given us any chance in this game? Huh? No Respect??? Lets go get em!

*Sorry it is halftime of the Tennessee-Florida game, I'm a bit pumped up.
:lol: Hope the game ended with the right result.

I agree though, I sense a little over-confidence from MIA in the open threads, hopefully complacency has set in and they won't be expecting us to go on the offensive, lets do it!

I can test the UN build, I have a 1cc game that is mid way through the industrial era I can use.

I agree if we can catch them off guard to go on the attack, but we have to make sure they can't return the favour. It might be an idea to open a seperate thread to discuss about where, when and how to strike. Call it operation partypooper or something;)

In my mind the trick would be not to leave ourselves open while attacking, which is easy enough, build lots of troops, but to catch them off guard i think we would need to attack while we are still weaker than them because once we hit average in comparison they will become more wary.

We are already average, besides if we are averega eits because they must be building factories, coal plants, maketplaces, courthouses and wonders, so if we strike now they are preety much screwd. They will have to lose production in order to switch to military, if they dont we just whomp their cities until they do.

Any plan sugestions, start in the middle and go for the core? Go directly for the core? Cut the country in half and have KISS take those lonely cities in the north while we draw their main army towords us?

Choc-> Inf, Inf
Strawberry-> Court, Inf
Choc Filled-> Settler, settler
Jungle Jen-> Worker, Worker

2 coastal cities are put on 10 spt and are producing galleons next turn via short rush with Rax. We should have 9 galleons ready in 2 turns.

With land improvement a few more cities are set to produce infantry in 3 turns or less. We have 13 infantry, 7 spears to upgrade. The troops we will have +conscripts and such can withstand 80 cavalry, which I doubt they will have in 2 turns. With our military at average to them I dont think there is any way they can kill our stack. Their only choice will be to defend and hold out against us.

RickFGS said:
I agree with the plan, but take some artillery along, 6 or more should prove valuable. Take all the Cavalry as well. A stack of 50 or more units should be prove difficult enough to stop.

I think artillery should go also but I think they should be in the second wave showing up on the second turn, the first wave should just be to establish a beachhead and it should consist of mostly if not all inf.

I would like us to land before the "non aggression-period" has run out.
After all, we would just place our units over there, ant than can not be seen as an aggressive act, right?

I would find a nice hill if possible for a dozen inf and some cavs, to get their attension away then on the other and a few turns later hit them hard with the main force, somewher close to their core. Even if we take out 5 or so cities it will be a big sucsess. But again let be careful while we are over there they can't sneak by us.

They will hit us with all they have when we land since they have rails. Landing a small force of infantry and cav will only serve to give us war weariness. We have to go hard enough to survive first turn, destroy that city and plant a new city to bring in the rest of the units.

I think it is highly likely that they draft when we land, and we will be forced to bring in more and more cavs. If we make it to the core then the game is won.

Robi D said:
I would find a nice hill if possible for a dozen inf and some cavs, to get their attension away then on the other and a few turns later hit them hard with the main force, somewher close to their core. Even if we take out 5 or so cities it will be a big sucsess. But again let be careful while we are over there they can't sneak by us.

There is no hills to land on, the best place is where Killercane spoted, MIA wont be expecting an attack there..its too obviuos and to direct so its the best place :D, besides its near the core, because if we are to sacrifice it all in an attempt to win by force we must kill at least 4 major core cities. Note: dont conquer of course, always raze.

Also dividing the forces into two groups is no good against railroads as killer also metioned so we must send a D-Day invasion and noth less. Take it all, put those privateers ahead of the galleons along MIA coast to intercept frigates, With enough artillery, theese babies will wipe out everything once we survive the first turn landing, then MIA´s plans for tanks and other things will vanish in the air.

Go for it Killerkane, take them all out.

Shelby-> Inf, Inf
Never Again-> Inf, Inf
Sugar-> Inf, Inf
Cinnamon-> Galleon, Galleon
Munchkin-> Court, Inf
Jam Filled and Apple Crumb-> Galleons, galleons
3 workers produced

We should have our force ready in 2 turns. We lost a privateer to an MIA galleon off Apple Crumb, 2 privateers will be there for protection next turn. Gold is +699 per turn.

Top Bottom