Tutorial for Beginners Suggestions

Is the guide meant just to get them familiar with VP mechanics, or is it to help prepare them for the much harder AI? (aka more of a strategy guide)

Major key mods, like 3rd and 4 UC mod, which is nearly essential.
Yeah, like others, I consider 3/4UC a fun modmod, but not necessary, however all these UI modmods that Iteroi made is a straight up upgrade that could be treated as essential and it tickles my why it's not integrated in the base VP. Mentioning list of most important modmods wouldn't hurt, but like making a modpack, I would put it on the bottom on the list.

Rough draft for a general overview of VP is written here. Any feedback regarding it is appreciated.

Rough draft for a general overview of VP is written here. Any feedback regarding it is appreciated.
This is a personal taste, but I feel like the instructions for the installation options are confusing.

The options are:
Only CP (Community Patch). This allows to play civ bnw with very minimal changes, only a much better AI and a few bug fixes. It's used as the base game for many other mods.
Vox Populi. The full mod, with all the new features. It is made of five big mods, including CP.
Vox Populi (EUI version). The full mod now implementing a modified version of this popular user interface mod.
Vox Populi (43 civs). Play all civs together if you want, sadly without city states.

This is a personal taste, but I feel like the instructions for the installation options are confusing.

The options are:
Only CP (Community Patch). This allows to play civ bnw with very minimal changes, only a much better AI and a few bug fixes. It's used as the base game for many other mods.
Vox Populi. The full mod, with all the new features. It is made of five big mods, including CP.
Vox Populi (EUI version). The full mod now implementing a modified version of this popular user interface mod.
Vox Populi (43 civs). Play all civs together if you want, sadly without city states.

Thanks for the feedback! I actually haven't finished the rough draft for installation yet but you gave me some good information! :)

Perhaps we should go back to the wiki and edit it more? I've seen some of the pages, they look very outdated.

Perhaps we should go back to the wiki and edit it more? I've seen some of the pages, they look very outdated.

The wiki does have a lot of outdated pages but I don't see it great as a resource for newer players. There's so much information there so it's easy to get overwhelmed. It's great when you're modding and want to check for information or double check something that might not be updated in the civilopedia or the UI description. I want the tutorials to be a concentrated place of the basics and mechanics so players don't have to find all the key information by diving into that wiki. It's a great resource once you get a hang of things though.

Top Bottom