[TUTORIAL] Skinning for Beginners

I have been using these two sites to help out my skinning of air and land units.

Camopedia: This sites has patches tons of camoflauge uniforms from all over the world over modern times.

Wings Palette: This site has tons of great pictures of air units from around the world.

A couple of question.

#1 When I load models into nif scope they have no texture. I how do I view them with the texture?

#2 I am using photoshop and the DDs plugin. When I go to save the file there are all these different option for the bit-depth and mappping, ect. Which do I chose for Civ4?

Thanks

A couple of question.

#1 When I load models into nif scope they have no texture. I how do I view them with the texture?

#2 I am using photoshop and the DDs plugin. When I go to save the file there are all these different option for the bit-depth and mappping, ect. Which do I chose for Civ4?

Thanks
#1 NifSkope should load the texture automatically if it is in the same folder as the nif file. Check the mesh's NiTexturingProperty to see which file is used.

#2 There are two options you will need to adjust.
First: top left - use DXT1, no alpha, unless the textures involves team color and transparency. In that case, use DXT3.
Second: MIP Map Generation - for a 3D object (unit, building, etc) use Generate MIP Maps, otherwise use No MIP Maps.

Top Bottom