TV show targets ugliest building

Pirate said:
Wanton destructive sensationalism. This show is despicable. I'm sure they don't go into the history of the building, the architectural movement out of which it came, or it's current function in the urban fabric of the city. Nor do they say what positive things they could possibly do with the demolition money. Do they rebuild the building, or design and build a park? Or do they leave it a rubble hole? This show is intellectually offensive.

Riiight..
Yeah, I doubt the RIBA (Royal Insitute of British Architects) will take any of this in to consideration :crazyeye: :rolleyes:

Have you ever been to Bristol?

What I worry about is that it is a one time burst of investment based purely on visual appearances. Then the show tears it down, builds a cheap replacement and walks away. Where I work, land development is a time consuming process and design of a successful, sustainable space requires intense study and community involvement. IMHO, it is irresponsible to reduce this task to a wham-bam-thank-you-ma'am process on a TV show. I could be wrong, but the article didn't make clear how the process worked.

Top Bottom