Tweak Mod for Xtended + Master of Mana Updates

Definitely the game is harder than before :thumbsup:. AIs research fast(techs and guilds both) and build more cities fast. My score used to be ranked at the first or second on the scoreboard by the turn about 200 but now below the 3rd. And I feel AIs are more aggressive now probably because they are advanced in tech and culture while I am weaker than before.
But game is slightly unstable from v0.5. Sometimes crashes to desktop at the turn-end although it is not persistent. If I load savefile and end the turn again, game proceeds without crash.:confused: I have not experienced any crash or freezing with v0.4.

And the Shadow unit should be able to investigate enemy cities but it cannot.(it is not the problem of v0.5. I have noticed it from the past versions...)

Definitely the game is harder than before [IMG alt=":thumbsup:"]https://forums.civfanatics.com/images/smilies/thumbsup.gif[/IMG]. AIs research fast(techs and guilds both) and build more cities fast. My score used to be ranked at the first or second on the scoreboard by the turn about 200 but now below the 3rd. And I feel AIs are more aggressive now probably because they are advanced in tech and culture while I am weaker than before.
But game is slightly unstable from v0.5. Sometimes crashes to desktop at the turn-end although it is not persistent. If I load savefile and end the turn again, game proceeds without crash.[IMG alt=":confused:"]https://forums.civfanatics.com/data/assets/smilies/confused.gif[/IMG] I have not experienced any crash or freezing with v0.4.

And the Shadow unit should be able to investigate enemy cities but it cannot.(it is not the problem of v0.5. I have noticed it from the past versions...)
What exactly is the investigate cities feature? I never knew what that tooltip meant.

Also I totally agree. 0.5 is a amazing patch in regards to general AI ability.

What exactly is the investigate cities feature? I never knew what that tooltip meant.
you can enter the enemy city screen and view all the buildings, citizens, gold and research theme etc. It is just like...when you pour huge amount of espionage points on enemies and investigate their cities in vanilla civ4 BTS. We should be able to do it with a Shadow unit on the city...

Groundwater well does not provide additional food for adjacent Homestead improvements. I think it should though I do not know if it is intended or a bug...

Found a Bug:
The "Professor" unit of the Dural doesn't provide research points via combat victories. Unce upon a time it did, when i last played the Dural.

Couple of points:
1: terraforming faith ritual not doing anything, corrected (my fault from 0.5). Working at 0 cost if selecting a plot fixed as well (but this was already present)
2: investigating a city works, if the city has at least 50 of crime rate. Will specify this in the text
3: professor not providing research has been disabled by me (dont remember which version) as it was creating sometimes ctd but I was not able to fix it

Thanks for providing a feedback on AI! I suggest you to use aggressive AI option (AI more prone to declare war and also should target his neighbours considering only power ratio, not attitude)

Played as Lanun for the first time in my FFH career. Among their epic destiny condition, 'Gold Plundered' is bugged. Land pillage and sea pillage both are not counted as plundered gold in the victory screen though the pillaged amount is announced on the main screen.
And another thing. They make peace treaty with 'the Pirates' at the start of a game but I do not remember I have seen a unit of the 'Pirate civ' in MoM extended... I guess this feature implemented incompletely.

I feel a little bit different. Maybe different for map scripts and environments...

Oh I did not recognized that. Very good! :goodjob:
For 'Gold plundered' from the code I understand it means plundered from Sea blockade, which is earned having a blockade with ship on a city and impacting his naval trade routes (not land trade routes). I will change the description into 'Gold plundered by Blockade'
'Pirate Civ' I can see some how they can get on a map... So yes, I think it can be partially implemented....

Thanks for updating this great mod, which is unfortunately little known.
I'd love to play it in multiplayer but so few players like multiplayer.

Elohim's Devouts can perform 'sealing ritual' on evil unique features like Broken Sepulture and gain 100xp at once. If they perform that on Bradeline's Well, the massage "Souls bound for hell leave through this portal. Bradeline's well can never be sealed' displayed and the feature is not sealed. So the ritual can be performed every turn and the unit can acquire 100xp per turn infinitely. I think it's weird though it does not look like a bug. XP should not be provided again even though it is not sealed in my opinion... Or the ritual can be performed again after about 100 turns by 'seal-breaking'?
And after sealing, Fire mana of Pyre of Seraphic does not disappear while other manas of other UF do. Maybe because Fire mana is not 'evil'? But Mind mana of 'Tower of eyes' was removed... I have no idea if it is a bug or intended feature. Just reporting.

Elohim's Devouts can perform 'sealing ritual' on evil unique features like Broken Sepulture and gain 100xp at once. If they perform that on Bradeline's Well, the massage "Souls bound for hell leave through this portal. Bradeline's well can never be sealed' displayed and the feature is not sealed. So the ritual can be performed every turn and the unit can acquire 100xp per turn infinitely. I think it's weird though it does not look like a bug. XP should not be provided again even though it is not sealed in my opinion... Or the ritual can be performed again after about 100 turns by 'seal-breaking'?
And after sealing, Fire mana of Pyre of Seraphic does not disappear while other manas of other UF do. Maybe because Fire mana is not 'evil'? But Mind mana of 'Tower of eyes' was removed... I have no idea if it is a bug or intended feature. Just reporting.
I have checked this...
I do believe that the Bradeline's well is a bug and should be fixed, i.e. not providing XP...
On the other hand I think for Pyre of the Seraphic Fire mana should not be considered 'evil'. Reading the civilopedia description I believe that the UF is considered evil but not the mana (else I guess also Mirror of Heaven should be considered evil as well....)

Cottages should be buildable on plain, not only on grassland.
If you spawn in plain as Bannors or Balseraph, you cannot build your special improvement, cottage.
And it's not logical that you can build a small town only in grassland but not on plain. A plain is not a desert or a tundra.
Last argument: cottages are not great. They are already rarely build. So, we need more stimulations to build them.

Illians seem to be capable of casting 'The Deepening' during Arcane Lacuna. All world's tiles cooled down to tundras and ice suddenly(attached savefile)
And Moroi's 'burning blood' does not let the unit get enraged after battle. Not a single unit for more than 200 turns...

Attachments

• user AD-0199.CivBeyondSwordSave
    597.5 KB · Views: 7
Shouldn't Infernal's territory turn into hell terrains? They are living on just grasslands though AC is 86... My lands also do not turn into hell either though my religion is Ashen Veil. Am I missing something?

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0009.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0009.JPG
    312.8 KB · Views: 16
Shouldn't Infernal's territory turn into hell terrains? They are living on just grasslands though AC is 86... My lands also do not turn into hell either though my religion is Ashen Veil. Am I missing something?
only thing that comes to mind is that there is a gameoption that blocks the spread of hell terrain. You can check with F8 if it is accidently activated.

only thing that comes to mind is that there is a gameoption that blocks the spread of hell terrain. You can check with F8 if it is accidently activated.
I cannot figure out the cause according to the following screenshot...
And just checked the game customizing screen. I could not find a option related to hell terrain...

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0010.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0010.JPG
    394.9 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:
Hi!
I can see in CvEventManager:
Code:
#        if not CyGame().isOption(gc.getInfoTypeForString('GAMEOPTION_NO_PLOT_COUNTER')):
#            cf.doHellTerrain()
So it seems that it has been commented out entirely.... And GAMEOPTION_NO_PLOT_COUNTER is not anymore even defined....

Top Bottom