Twitter account currently not maintained

The_J

Say No 2 Net Validations
Administrator
Supporter
In case anyone is mainly interacting with us on Twitter, I'd like to inform everyone that we currently do not have proper access to the Twitter account, and cannot tweet from there or receive private messages.
If you do not get a reply there, please understand.
Please feel free to contact us here, in the forum, via our contact form, via Mastodon, Facebook or Reddit instead.

In case anyone is mainly interacting with us on Twitter, I'd like to inform everyone that we currently do not have proper access to the Twitter account, and cannot tweet from there or receive private messages.
If you do not get a reply there, please understand.
Please feel free to contact us here, in the forum, via our contact form, via Mastodon, Facebook or Reddit instead.
Is this a technical issue, or like so many others recently, have you run afoul of the new management?

Is this a technical issue, or like so many others recently, have you run afoul of the new management?
A technical/logistical one. The account itself is fine and in good standing.

Also we recent started trialing a CivFanatics Instagram account if that's of interest to anyone.

I think it's no problem for me to expand on what blake said: It's mostly logistical:
Until a few months back it was possible to give permissions to different accounts for another account. Meaning I (and occassionally some others from the team) were tweeting via the Civfanatics twitter account with our private accounts, but nobody could see it was us.
Due to the.... restructuring over there, this feature was abolished.
After that, I asked TF for the login credentials, and therefore essentially logged in with his password.
Now, 2 weeks ago my login attempts were suddenly flagged as suspicious, and I would need to confirm that it was me via a number code sent to the associated email.
Which is TFs email.
And obviously that does not work now.

In principle we still have full access to the account.
But TF is too busy for these matters, and does not tweet. I do, but I cannot access it anymore.
So unless anything new happens over there, this account can be considered defunct.

Can you make a new X account that looks just like the old one?

If you need or want a Bluesky invite for a CFC presence there (even if it's just to park on the name), I have several available.

Can you make a new X account that looks just like the old one?
In theory yes, but that would then look very dodgy, having 2 accounts with the same(-ish) name, where one is new and the other one is old and established.
Our current account has also more than 5000 followers, which would just be lost.
If you need or want a Bluesky invite for a CFC presence there (even if it's just to park on the name), I have several available.
Thanks :hatsoff:, we might consider parking the name, let me think about it.

I don't blame you! Which social media to use at this point? There are about 5 different ones. I got banned on Threads for my first post. I don't even know why?

Isn't social media fun?

I am waiting for my Twitter/X account to finally be deleted which takes 30 days after you cancel it.

Is another forum I post to for a niche hobby where I go in and see half the people I have set to ignore as I just don't like them. That's pretty much what Twitter is like now.

Top Bottom