Two Modern World Scenarios

What should I improve/add to these scenarios?

• More units

Votes: 12 54.5%
  • Improve Civs/Traits/Leaders

Votes: 5 22.7%
  • Improve map(add irrigation,etc.)

Votes: 11 50.0%
  • Customize techs

Votes: 9 40.9%
  • Nothing, I like them like they are

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don't know, or don't care

Votes: 2 9.1%

• Total voters

RedAlert

Love one another
These are my first two scenarios and are for C3C. They are based - as accurately as possible - on the modern world and I have used the TETurkhan world map. The two scenarios are entitled World Domination 1 and World Domination 2.

What I have done:

-I have changed/modified civilizations, traits, and leaders to suit the modern era.
- I have placed cities for all these civilizations, and have given them their relevant populations.
-I have also placed roads and railroads on the map to represent the major ones of the world.

The civs:

WORLD DOMINATION 1 - Canada, USA, Mexico, Cuba, Andean Group, Brazil, Argentina, Scandinavia, UK, France, Spain, Germany, Italy, Eastern Europe, Russian Federation, Northern Africa, Southern Africa, Saudi Arabia, Israel, Iraq, Turkey, Iran, India, Central Asia, North Korea, South Korea, Japan, China, Vietnam, Southeas Asia, Oceania

There are also four locked alliances (none of them at war): European Union, Arab League, American Alliance, Communist Alliance

WORLD DOMINATION 2 - Canada, USA, Mexico, Cuba, Colombia, Peru, Brazil, Argentina, Norway, European Union, Yugoslavia, Russian Federation, Northwestern Africa, Northeastern Africa, Central Africa, Southern Africa,Syria, Saudi Arabia, Iraq, Iran, Pakistan, India, Central Asia, China, Japan, Thailand, Vietnam, Indonesia, Oceania

There are also three locked alliances (none of them at war): NATO, Arab League, Communist Alliance.

The Difference: In World Domination 2 I have made the European Union a civ, which made room for other civs. This let me split up the larger, yet in real life not as powerful civs. World Domination 2 is more of a 'superpower' type scenario.

Notes:
- I reccomend playing these at a harder level. Reason? I test played these as Canada and was able to invade the United States with relative ease. Not Realistic.(Or maybe I'm just that good - ahem- yeah right - ahem)
-I realize with giving cities relative populations that some on the map are suffering from starvation. I am working on fixing this but it will take a while, and I haven't had much spare time lately. However, I found this could be remedied easily by building workers in all my cities before anything else.
- And yes, I realize the leaderheads are all screwed up (example: Elizabeth for Tony Blair), but again I am working on those but that won't be done for a while. Anyway, I'm sure it's not that important right now.

The downloads are below.

Questions? Comments? Suggestions? Please let me know so I can improve these scenarios.

Uh oh! Apparently the zip files are too big. This is my first time trying to attach something and I'm not the most computer literate person. could anyone tell me what I should do :confused:

how big are they? If they are below 3MB's you can use the "Upload file" button at the VERY bottom of the page on every page in the forum. If ita above 3, send a PM to Thunderfall.

If you want alternate leaderheads, use flags as leaderheads, like the WWII in the Pacific Conquest does.

Good idea, Cuivienen. I think I'll do that.

I am still having trouble uploading the files, I have tried splitting them up, but that still won't work. Am I doing something wrong?

great idea, to upload the file, start a repley and scrool down to the very bottom of the page, nextr to chat room is upload file, you can upload larger files there

I have looked at this in the editor, and it looks very good. However, irrigation and mining is definetly needed. Also, I can tell this is going to take forever to load. A saved game for some of the more popular nations (USA, European Union, Russian Federation, China) would be nice. Finally, a few new units couldn't hurt.

If I have any more suggestions after playing tomorrow, I will post them. This looks like it could be a very good scenario.

I’ve just played your World Domination 1 scenario and there are some ‘minor’ problems

Lots of big cities but no irrigation to support the populations.
No military units at all in turn 1.
Almost no city improvements anywhere at all.
And of course the game is lost in turn 2 when Russia wins a cultural victory with 14,000,000 culture points! :cry:
You might want to set a city’s culture points to 1000 instead of 1,000,000 :D

good job!
its need some irrigation and mining!
and unit!

Originally posted by muffins
I’ve just played your World Domination 1 scenario and there are some ‘minor’ problems

Lots of big cities but no irrigation to support the populations.
No military units at all in turn 1.
Almost no city improvements anywhere at all.
And of course the game is lost in turn 2 when Russia wins a cultural victory with 14,000,000 culture points! :cry:
You might want to set a city’s culture points to 1000 instead of 1,000,000 :D

Yes, I am working on these things as fast as I can. To fix the cultural problem - just take cultural victory option off. As for military units- I would very much like to put them in, however I do not have the data on what countries have what/ where/ and how much of them. Please, if anyone has any information concerning that or ideas for modern-day units it would be great if you could share them.

I am working very busily on correcting/ adding to these scenarios. I have curently a bug on my copy of World Domination 2 ( don't worry it's not in anyone else's) and have not been able to post saved games for it, sorry. Right now I am placing irrigation/mines/roads/railroads on the map, getting it done as fast as I can. As I said before, building lots of workers to start off with should fix that for now.

Anyway, thank you everyone for your suggestions + comments, please keep them coming.

Canada conquering the Yanks! Every Canuck's dream lol.
I came, I saw, Iconquered
DaveBart66

Top Bottom