Two New Beyond the Sword Articles

I'm not a huge fan of scenarios, but some of them have been really great. Anyway I'll eventually try them all out when I don't have the time or energy to start a game from scratch. Here is another quote from the article that sounds really cool.

We've really expanded the scope of content for Civ IV with Beyond the Sword. It's the biggest expansion pack we've ever created for a Civ game. Some of the cooler units I've worked on are in the game scenarios set in the near future. It's been challenging and fun creating nukes, mechs and dreadnought tanks - for a Civ game no less.

I really, really, do hope that they will release that at some point. Who doesn't want to fight with GDRs?

I will buy the pack because I love civ and want the new leaders and civs but much of the content is a huge disappointment. I hope it doesn't mark the start of a ' dumbing down' of the Civ series.

The "dumbing down" will start when a new Civ game only offers new civs and leaders.

Have you read the first announcement, with all the new features?

Any new release could be a flop. Hopefully they've hads their fill of shockers with Civ 3.
I'll at least look at the scenarios but what i'm going to but BTW for is the extra normal game content.

The real risk here is that they rush it and it turns out half baked and tacky.:sad:
If they do, well God have mercy on their souls.:mad:

I really think this will be a great expansion, but I fear the scenarios will be of the warlords type since it's so many as 12 of them. With fewer, and more well made, epical, civ like scenarios, the expansion would be perfect.

(With fewer I mean more resources put into the making of each of them)

It just occured to me: The great thing about Civ4 is the flexibility it offers. The problem with scenarios is that it is essentially a less flexible game of Civ, which in turns diminishes its value to many players.

Why don't they just build some really way out there mods instead of scenarios. I'm talking about making Afterworld as a mod rather than a scenario so that players can have both the different content while also keeping the flexibility by allowing it to be made on different maps and leaders and what not.

Firaxis making big, professional mods, that'll be cool. :goodjob:

Yep! That would be awesome. Especially if they hired Thamis to make a huuuuge ancient mod! :D

i didnt care for the senarios from civ 4, some of the warlords ones whear good but the civ 3 conquest ones whear great!

Its not whining. It's just a little chit chat to help hurry the next 4 months along.

Its not whining. It's just a little chit chat to help hurry the next 4 months along.

That's ok haven't been refering to you anyway;) If you don't like scenarios yourself that's fine and I think the featurelist is still very impressive for players that prefer the epic game(it's an expansion not civ5 after all). I just complain about poeple who seem to know it's all bad, not worth it, stupid, rushed, crappy etc. without even having seen a screenshot.

this guy sounds weird, especially if he is the one who created the Omens scenario in Warlords. seriously, does anyone even understand Omens? I mean, I started playing it and these horesemen creatures start appearing and one of them has 666 strength or something and starts killing everyone, what is that all about? this whole scenario direction he is going in just does not fit well with the Civ concept.

:lol: No Doubt, this is just awesome. Preach on brother LlamaCat! . ;)

Nobody here seems to know about Brian Reynold's Alpha Centauri... so if you want historical references (that tend to repeat themselves), here you go, AC is one, and nothing else than a part of the Civilization series.

Now leaders and cities do not make a good scenario, proof as Warlords', now their absence is not a guarantee alike. But at least, it has the merit to try something new.

I think however it will be hard to equal Civ3 Conquest ones as they were pretty well designed and inventive, when it shows such a game truly fantastic potential, it is not sure that Civ4 has been programmed in order to allow that kind of thing.

i dont care about this release... there are a lot of mods, that are much better than this, beyond the sword dont have better game concepts, only more, civs, and boring scenarios, why i will pay for that???

i dont care about this release... there are a lot of mods, that are much better than this, beyond the sword dont have better game concepts, only more, civs, and boring scenarios, why i will pay for that???
I would say decide later when the details of the new features are revealed. :)

Top Bottom