Tyrant Celts - 100 K Emperor

:salute: Very nice job of finishing Mao off to our North Mason.

The Roster

Crakie : Up
Bahzell : on deck
classical hero: Showed Mao the ends of our pointy sticks so more.
Marc Aurel : killed last of Mao's cities to our north

MadViking : Autoskip till 3/13

Looking good, guys! Got it :)

Not a particularly interesting turnset for me. We had a lux deal with the Iroqois so I had to refrain from attacking Japan, which bothered me because I suspected pikes would appear pretty soon in Japanese cities. This was indeed the case, although we are still rated strong and a decent invasion force is now in place next to what is hopefully Japans only iron city. All in all time will tell whether we should have gone after the mongols first or not.

Despotism is starting to hurt us, as expected. Techwise we are falling behind to a couple of civs and I could not make a good deal for buying chivalry, nor trade it for engineering when finished. Hoping one of the lagging civs would get us engineering, I started it at 0 % and a single scientist while using the money for upgrading horsemen I had been building while researching chivalry. At the end of the turnset upgrades were complete and research was cranked up again.

Our culture flipped us a mongol city, but I did only a little culture rushing, focussing on settlers instead. We'll need that Chinese lands ICSed and irrigated for both culture AND scientists.

Thoughts for the future:

- You'll note an unclaimed incense source close to our borders with the Mongols. We should take it!

- The lux deal ends next turn. When taking on Japan, separate the stack. Med inf can stay close to the landing point while the GS+knights go land inwards.

- Irrigating grassland is a waste of worker turns as long as we're in despotism. Focus on plains and deserts instead. Settlers can be rushed when a city reaches size 4.

Attachments

• Brennus of the Celts, 450 AD.SAV
    445.3 KB · Views: 45
The Roster

Bahzell : got it
classical hero: Showed Mao the ends of our pointy sticks so more.
Marc Aurel : killed last of Mao's cities to our north
MadViking : autoskip till 3/13
Crakie : Got us some upgrades for the upcoming fight against Toku

Turns played. will post turn log tomorrow as its late.

Here's the Roster and the attached save.

The Roster

classical hero: up
Marc Aurel : on deck
MadViking : autoskip till 3/13
Bahzell : Built more units for the upcoming fight.

*Edit*
Military
Built up our military for the upcoming war with Japan. Need to start building Trebuchets for the war against Japan.
I put 1 pike in the core due to its closeness to Japan.

Diplomacy
Tried to get Toku mad at us and declare war to no avail.(Guess he's scared of us) Need to have him declare war to keep our WW down.

Research
Engineering in, set to Invention due in 17.

Would say something for the future, but CH has already played.

Attachments

• TyrantCelts,550_AD.SAV
    467.2 KB · Views: 74
"Lurkers" comment Just want to let you know that I am here again, at least in spirit. Still not ready to rejoin the fray, but I'll be here for emergencies if needed, and I'll try to get into the flow again as soon as is practical. :scan:

Nice going so far, but keep your eyes on the prize - when in doubt, build for culture.

Good to see you back, CB! We'll keep your seat warm for another while :)

Even though Bahzell did not post his log yet, I can see from his roster update we haven't gone to war yet with Japan. I am not experienced in the 100 K, but I have the feeling we should hurry up. If we wait too long, we will not be in a position to deal with culture-runaways (Babylon?).

Turn Zero, I was able to get faster research.

IBT. Carthage know Astronomy since they are building Copernicius.

Turn One. I ask Japan to leave our territory and this is his response.

I move all the Knights and Gallic Swordsmen onto the border of Kagoshima. I will build a new Celtic city since this is basically will revolt if we do not raze the city.

IBT. Japan loses a Galley attacking ours.

Turn Two. The attack was surpsingly easy. I did not lose any units and I killed all the units in the city, two Pikes and Longbow. I raze Kagoshima and now New Entremont is in it's place.

IBT. We had a knight retreat which I foolishly had out in the open. The Japs lost another galley to ours.

Turn Three. I just move my troops for another attack.

IBT. We lose two Knights to Longs.

Turn Four. I take Tokyo after losing five Knights and having four retreat. I kill three Pikes and one long. The RNG was not good to me this turn. I capture three workers.

IBT. A Pike kills a Samurai.

Turn Five. I quell the Rebeller in Tokyo and I hope to soon to have a settler near Tokyo to raze the city.

I will play the rest Tommorrow.

Guess I pissed Toku off enough. Glad he finally declared war.

We should keep the Japanese cities IMO, we can use the native population for poprushing.

Crakie said:
We should keep the Japanese cities IMO, we can use the native population for poprushing.

I agree to this point! Our culture value is that high that the danger of flipping is low. I just will not position troops in recently conquered towns!

:devil:

lurker's comment: Nice going!

If your cultural value is where it should be by now taking and holding Japanese cities should not be a problem, especially the smaller ones. You want to station enough troops inside to quell the resistance quickly so you can bring the whip into play. If you capture some workers and have forests nearby set captured towns to building culture during the resistance and chop a temple (shields will accumulate during the resistance).

Turn Five Con't: Not much else happened.

IBT. We get attacked by a Samurai and out MI creates a Great Leader. We lose a Pike to a Samurai, but it was seriously injured already and we lose a Knight on a Hill. Here is the picture of our great unit.

Turn Six. Our leaders name is
Naturally I make a Knight Army.
I lose a GW and a Knight. I manage to kill two Samurai, long and a pike.
I manage to pop rush a temple in Tokyo.

IBT. Carthage and Scandinavia are at war with the Iroquois. As a result we lose a Lux. And that means that some cities go into revolt. Do counter this I increase our lux rate, thus science loses out and Invention is delayed.

We also lose a knight to a Long.

Turn Seven. I kill a Long and a Samurai.

IBT. A Samurai is killed attacking a horse.

Turn Eight. We take Nagoya but we suffer heavy loses to two Pikes. We had one knight and four GWs. We also had two knights and two GWs retreat. I have a check to see what Japn will offer for peace, and they a tight arses.

IBT. I lose a city because it is undefended and Japan and Mongols have a RoP.

Turn Nine. To counter this sneak I get an alliance with Monglos for them to attack Japan. Here is what i had to offer them to get the deal.

We are now making our move onto Izumo.

IBT. We lose a Knight to a Long. We kill an Archer.

Turn Ten. We kill two Samurai on our western frigne of our empire. Japan has Gunpowder and Saltpeter because there is a Musket inside of Izumo. I send the troops there to start the attack. I kill an Archer outside of Arausio. We get Invention in one turn so I increase the money rate so that we are getting more gold. I rush a Temple in Nagoya.

here are some pictures that tell the story for the next player. Here is the Foreign screen as it is right now.

Here is the Minimap.

Here is the troop situation near Izumo. I have one Knight Army, ten Knights and seven GWs.

And here is the most important Screenie, our Cultural update. As you can se that soon our next targets will have to be Carthage and Scandinavia, since they are our greatest threats to our culture.

Attachments

• TyrantCelts_650_AD.SAV
    487.3 KB · Views: 65
Very Nice start to the downfall of Japan there CH.

The Roster

Marc Aurel : up
MadViking : on deck
Bahzell : Built more units for the upcoming fight
classical hero: Showed Toku our pointy sticks

crazybeard : should be back on board soon.

If the war is going too slow we should ally India.

Hmmmm, oh that is a delicate situation. One that you normally don't want to pass to anybody else.

It is now 750 AD.
First; couple of good news:

Culture went up from 188cpt to 237cpt. But we already pay a lot of money for upkeep. We have now 9740.
I got two techs, Gunpowder and Theology.

The war was not that enjoyable. I took three cities, Izumo Sapporo and the capital Kyoto. We got another leader and I made knight army of him. But the Japanese were damed strong. The samurai is a very good unit. I lost many units against them and the Japanese have many of them. Ya, I allied the Indians, but for that I needed to ally with them against Iroquois also. World is in a medieval world war. The best civs are far more advanced than we are. India at least already knows matallurgy. They have cannons. I really didn't know, what to do. For a certain time I considered makingh peace with Japan. Maybe that would have nbeen better. But than I made an attempt to disconnect their iron to dry out their samurai production. They are in their GA. To disconnect the Japanese iron I needed to take the capital and one source of iron the east near Nara. I hope these two are all the japs have had. No matter, the problem is, our army is now overextended. I directed every unit to the capital conquest and was successful by one single unit, but lost one of the armies. Our coverage is now very thin. The production in the core is therefore concentrated to military. 3 knights are close to transfer to the japanese land. But we are very vulnerable. We can make peace but that will hit our rep due to the alliances.

I collected some money - 926 gold in trade. So maybe we can step to disconnect our iron and build horsemen for upgrade to make military units from our money. One major danger to our rep is that we have a horses deal with Carthage and a japanes galley is close to cut our supply lines (south) I hope it will head north from where two of our galleys come to save the situation. I couldn't rush another harbour. Here is the pic of the catastrophe at the front.
http://forums.civfanatics.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=120108&stc=1&d=1142703923

Attachments

• TyrantCelts_750_AD.SAV
    492.2 KB · Views: 68
  • catastrophe.JPG
    catastrophe.JPG
    134.9 KB · Views: 137
Hmmm, I was afraid our war efforts were not fast enough... I would really be interested to see how the winning teams did their opening moves and first one or two wars. Speed is a key factor is this game type I would say and I think we should regret all those early libs and temples in the core. Also the Mongols after the Chinese, would have been the better target IMHO. Nonetheless, we demolished much of the Japanese core!

I am not in favour of ruining our rep, if we're behind we might need it.

0- looks good
IBT: A Samurai comes and dies at Kyoto, a musket appears
Hadrumitum (carthage) makes Cop's
1- Mostly fighting
IBT: not much
2- fighting
IBT: Jap's capture unprotected Izumo and drop a Sam and a pike in the lightly defended north :cringe:
3- Capture back Izumo, buy world map for world map + 650 bucks
IBT: Kyoto flips and the Japs burned New Geogorvia
4- Get back Kyoto
IBT: Not much
5- Kill with Elite, no MGL

Thats all about I can play 2-day ...

SAVE

Top Bottom