Ugliest console - 6th and 7th generation

The ugliest console?

• Total voters
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OnLive

Apparently, only sold in the US. From what I can tell its like a console if every game had Ubisoft's terrible DRM enabled. And you need high speed internet, and you must live within 1000 miles of one of five cities.

Yeah it's my nightmare for the future of gaming. First time I heard about it, I was really cynical about how I'd seen this coming. It doesn't seem too popular yet... But give this concept some years and we're all doomed. Two microsoft consoles from now, I wouldn't be surprised if the concept of owning a game, having it in your house, or whatever, had completely disappeared in favour of overpriced digital renting.

Maybe one day Steam will just be a service you pay 50$ per month for and you can play any game you want at any time.

EDIT: None of these people seem to account for the fact that in many countries, including here, you have to pay some extra money to your internet service provider in order to be allowed to transfer (download or upload) more than X amount of gigs. For me, it's currently max 100 gigs

Yeah, i'm in north america, and limited bandwidth ISPs don't exist, or are rare. Maybe a few small companies, but we get to choose between Rogers (cable) and Bell (DSL). No download limits, slow uploads (because 99% of all users arent running servers and will never notice)

Yeah, i'm in north america, and limited bandwidth ISPs don't exist, or are rare. Maybe a few small companies, but we get to choose between Rogers (cable) and Bell (DSL). No download limits, slow uploads (because 99% of all users arent running servers and will never notice)

I'm also in Canada, but in Quebec, we get shafted on this. On my videotron I already pay extra to have more than 30 or 50 gigs transfer limit. Bell also has its limit here, I think it's even worse than Videotron.

EDIT: I'm not talking about limited bandwith, but limited monthly transfer. How many megs you are allowed to download in one month before they start charging you per meg at an outrageous price without warning you. These caps really do not account realistically for the new internet usage like online movie rental, digital game distribution, etc. The limits are so 2002.

Two months ago I downloaded 113 gigs (over my 100 gigs limit), that cost me an extra 50$ (the maximum they can legally charge apparently).

I'm also in Canada, but in Quebec, we get shafted on this. On my videotron I already pay extra to have more than 30 or 50 gigs transfer limit. Bell also has its limit here, I think it's even worse than Videotron.

EDIT: I'm not talking about limited bandwith, but limited monthly transfer. How many megs you are allowed to download in one month before they start charging you per meg at an outrageous price without warning you. These caps really do not account realistically for the new internet usage like online movie rental, digital game distribution, etc. The limits are so 2002.

Two months ago I downloaded 113 gigs (over my 100 gigs limit), that cost me an extra 50$ (the maximum they can legally charge apparently).

Laaame. Probably why videotron doesn't do business outside of quebec (and then I bet it's in areas rogers doesn't cover!) If Rogers is even IN quebec (I forget). They did keep a lot of nationwide companies out until a few years ago (specifically, grocery stores.)

ISPs like to gripe about how some users use more than others, but they are overreacting. They don't consider the fact that most people have more than one computer in the house (I have 8 devices on my router right now) and the usage created by services like Steam and Xbox Live/PSN.

We're really getting off topic here. Had to vote for the original boxy X-box. Though I have heard you can shoot the thing and it'll still start up and run.

My vote went to the Game Cube. It's an outdated (even though 3/4 of the consoles mentioned are outdated :p) and it's just plan ugly. Also, the graphics suck on it.

I never actually noticed the GC graphics until after the current gen started, because my TV wasnt very good, and they sucked on the Xbox and PS2 as well :)

Xbox, with Dreamcast second. I do love Dreamcast though....

The old xbox looks a bit like a radiator, or a some kind of motor, was a good machine though :)

What? 8 votes for the GameCube? GC was the coolest console ever.

Haters gonna hate.

Anyway, I voted for the Dreamcast for its godawful controller. I would have voted for PS3, something just looks... off. Original XBox has a crappy controller, too, but not as bad as Dreamcast, and console doesn't irk me as much as PS3.

We are voting on looks, and with that in mind the Xbox and Dreamcast are really the most ugly ones around. Can't believe that people actually voted on the PS3 (fanboys probably).

Helloo,
I voted on Onlive becuz never heard of it
and think of it as ugly
others I know of and like, wouldnt find ugly

Top Bottom