UHV brainstorming

2 ahistorical goals.

Arguably 3. Most historians estimate Cordoba and / or Kaifeng were larger than Constantinople around 1000AD.

But given the history of the Byzantine Empire in the timeline of this mod, the historical goals would be a bit rubbish:

UHV1: Lose all Asian territory by 1080AD
UHV2: Lose your capital by 1204AD
UHV3: Die by 1453AD

The general consensus is that the current historical goals are much too easy, so unless we are going to add a load of code to simulate the Byzantines' periodic crises and collapses, which would just make them a pain in the ass to play, then we need ahistorical goals if we are going to have any fun at all!

the game mechanics cant simulate reality, so they should have survive the centuries, but they didnt IRL. those real historcal goals, gave me the idea, to make bizanc an AI only civ. its not a new idea, but only now got the answer why :D
history is in your hands :D

PS: UHV2: lose your capital 3 time seems more historical to me....

Just give the Byzantines terrible inflation and maintenance modifiers and the challenges write themselves :)

the game mechanics cant simulate reality, so they should have survive the centuries, but they didnt IRL. those real historcal goals, gave me the idea, to make bizanc an AI only civ. its not a new idea, but only now got the answer why :D
history is in your hands :D

PS: UHV2: lose your capital 3 time seems more historical to me....

3 times??

1204, 1453 and ?

I had a good laugh as well! :)

But there is some appeal in having to survive long enough instead of building a super empire. Maybe Leoreths idea is the easiest way to go.

Top Bottom