Unhealthyness

andre.human@gma

Chieftain
How does unhealthyness adversely affect your city? I know that when I have UNHAPPY citizens, they dont work but still need food and so there is a clear disadvantage. But my UNHEALTHY citizens still work, so how is it bad for your city?

Thanks

André

For each unhealthy point that exceeds your healthy points, you lose one food production in the city.

Usually its less of a problem than happiness, but it can screw you over if you dont pay attention.

A few games ago, i had a starting location worth of god.
10 Floodplains with a gold-hill and stone.

of course i settled right in, and behold: the city capped at 3, since the floodplains gave me so much unhealthiness that all the food couldnt keep up with it.

Solution: aquire +health ressources.

Unhealthness isn't usally much of a problem, i just ignore the fact a city is unhealthy (unless the population is low). It is basically a way of slowing down the growth in cities, but not much else.

Unhappiness is the problem. If left unchecked, you get improvements destroyed.
Sickness, well I can deal with it after I've calmed my people down

The unhealthyness icon is the icon that shows you that your city is ready for the whip ;)

Can an unhealthy city still celebrate WLKD? If not, that could be a good reason to watch out.

Huh? I've never seen that before. Are you playing with a mod or something?

Its true, improvements are being destroyed by mad citizens :mad:

However, im not sure if my city was in revolt or not.

Its true, improvements are being destroyed by mad citizens :mad:

I bet you just happened to get hit by enemy spies or random events on the same turn. But if you can verify that mad citizens are really destroying your improvements, please post a save file. You could become famous for being the first person to experience this phenomenon :).

Could it be a slave revolt? I think they happen a lot more with a lotof unhappyness: my OCC on a 1*1 island with vela fish resources got me unendeing revolts. Whenever one occured I used the lost turn to cover the civic switch.

It does happen sometimes. After I let one of my cities have multiple unhappy citizens for a while, I got a popup box mentioning widespread rioting had destroyed several improvements and buildings. (It wasn't a event box - there was only an OK button, not option buttons.) When I clicked OK, I lost the harbor and library of Athens, as well as a pasture and mine nearby.

Remember, if people are unhappy, it's time to whip them to death. Odd but true.

The biggest effect of starvation is that your citizens have to work more food tiles with the expense of commerce tiles to feed the current population. Thus unhealthiness leads to losing the tech race. It's either that or you have to go back to smaller city size neither of which is very tempting.

It does happen sometimes. After I let one of my cities have multiple unhappy citizens for a while, I got a popup box mentioning widespread rioting had destroyed several improvements and buildings. (It wasn't a event box - there was only an OK button, not option buttons.) When I clicked OK, I lost the harbor and library of Athens, as well as a pasture and mine nearby.

Remember, if people are unhappy, it's time to whip them to death. Odd but true.

This is a random even. You have no choice because one of your rivals got it and he could pay extra money that you loose mor improvements.

my OCC on a 1*1 island with vela fish resources got me unendeing revolts.
you started on a 1*1 island?

you started on a 1*1 island?

A twisted joke on behalf of *mumble mumble me mumble mumble* with the aim of ruining my empire! Actually it's going really well, I'm tech leader.

Top Bottom