1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Unique Ability Elimination Thread

Discussion in 'Civ5 - General Discussions' started by cpm4001, Sep 29, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jlim201

jlim201 King

How did "City of Light" finish so low? I like it a lot because its very helpful to culture victory. You really arent going to build that many wonders outside of your capital.

2. Big J Money

Big J Money Emperor

I think Assyria got rated too highly as a result of not enough people have played them to find out how hard it is to use in practice, but that's IMO of course.

3. cpm4001

cpm4001 Goggleman

Yeah, I'm very confused as to why it and Babylon's UA remained so long while Ethiopia's, which is one of the most versatile, got eliminated so fast. And yeah, Sweden's UA trumps "Hellenic Fricking League" (I'm going to have to call it that from now on!) any day. It's all very confusing...

4. crabe

crabe Chieftain

Much too high: Serenissima (I like Venice but this is one of the only UA's that is also a drawback, regardless of whether it is possible to look at this without considering the Merchant of Venice)
    Too high: Hellenic League, Mare Clausum, Phoenician Heritage
    Too low: Sun Never Sets, Carnival, Dutch East India Company
    Much too low: Diplomatic Marriage (lolwut, this is still godlike, huge city + units for 500 gold?)

5. Vitruvius

Vitruvius King

Too high: monument builder, art of war
    Too low: manifest destiny, diplomatic marriage, seven cities of gold

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

6. Browd

Browd Dilettante Administrator

Moderator Action: Since this particular elimination game ended a month ago, it's time to close this thread.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.