Unique Bonuses for Each Type of Industry/Corporation

I know many were hoping for the possibility that each luxury resource might get their own unique bonus based off of the first video. For example we saw Ivory, Cocoa and Coffee having different bonuses.

This is a thread that hopefully we can brainstorm and come up with hopefully accurate ideas that could help potential people to mod these in. I'll keep a list on here and add in suggestions and possibly edit if there are better ideas.

Amber: % yield of more culture towards Artifacts. I know the things that amber contains falls under Paleontology but there's a dinosaur skeleton outside the Archaeology Museum in game. :p

Citrus:

Cocoa: 20% growth in city, +3 Housing. Same as before.

Coffee: 20% more yield to culture in city. I like keeping this for coffee to emphasize the political/philosophical debates that coffeehouses brought in early modern Europe.

Cotton: Units gain combat strength when defending. This is if the original idea is supposed to represent cotton armor.

Dyes:

Diamonds: 25% more yield of gold in city. Same as before unless it could go to silver.

Furs: 30% production towards civilian units in city.

Gypsum: % production to buildings in city. Was shared previously with marble so it fit. Plus I learned that Gypsum is used in drywall so it works.

Honey: +5 Housing in city. Bee farms?

Incense: 25% yield to faith in city. I think if we had to choose one for faith it should be incense.

Ivory: 30% production towards land units in the city. Decided to make it just land units and split it.

Jade: % yield of culture to Great Works of Art in city.

Marble: % production to wonders in city. Gave a buff to wonders in previous games.

Mercury: 15% yield of science in this city. Unless units trained in the city get a "vampire" ability when attacked health only goes down to one. :mischief:
That might be too complicated.

Olives: 25% gold yield to city when at peace? Well extending olive branch is a sign of peace.

Pearls:

Salt:

Silk: +1 Trade Route capacity in city. If that's not doable maybe that should get faster movement.

Silver: 25% gold yield in city. That or diamonds.

Spices:

Sugar: 30% growth in city.

Tea: Increased healing for units trained in this city.

Tobacco: Increased movement for units trained in this city? :mischief:

Truffles: +3 Amenities in city.

Turtles: + 1 Appeal in city. Deals with conservation/saving them? If not then keep the science yield.

Whales: 30% production towards naval units in the city. This was east to think of as I made Ivory for land.

Wine: % tourism in city. Wine regions are popular tourist destinations.

Last edited:
Top Bottom