Unit adding problem

Hanny

Prince
Hi

im haveing trouble with adding units, i followed the tutorials but after a period i get a hang on the AI turn, after removing all added units the problem goes away, so its something not right with one/some etc of them.

So could someone who has added units, note down the process for me so i can compare with the tutorial and make sure the tutorial for vanila is not the problem, while i plough through each unit add it and check its not the cause.

Pass me a bun and coffeewhile your at it i maybe a while....

Isolate the specific unit that causes the spinlock then check out the unit to see whats different about it. A spinlock during the AI's turn usually means the AI is trying to decide something and can't figure it out or is trapped in a loop. It could be as simple as assigning the ASSAULT_SEA AI type to a ship that doesn't have any cargo capacity.

Ta Kael.

Modding Civ IV is rather like working in the the stone age, ill just keep banging the rocks together...:(

Bright light goes on!!.

From the next build:-
"33. Fixed a spinlock error when hidden nationality units attack barbarian allied teams (BtS makes hidden nationality shim as the barbarian player, since we allow player to ally with the barbarians it was causing spinlocks).

Could be the problem (hidden nationality ) methinks, i was using units with hidden nationilty to allow regions to change hands without a war.

Top Bottom