Unit Adjustment mod-mod

ExpiredReign

Deity
This is the first release of a small mod-mod to handle one of the more contentious issues that is in Communitas, the weird upgrade path of certain units.

As I have version 3.16 of the mod this is a mod to change the things found in that version. However, the values changed should be found in 3.15.1 which is the most common version doing the rounds. If you notice any strange changes when using this please make a note of the version difference, that way I can check what was changed between those two versions that is affected by this mod-mod.

The things that this mod-mod does are:

1. Reverts the upgrade path of MELEE units to a more logical and simpler one.
  2. Merges the resource based MELEE units into the main MELEE path once naval units become resource based.
  3. Adds the 'Medic' promotion to MELEE units.

I will maintain this as long as CEP has the contentious changes in it. It is not my desire to have this going for ever, CEP should be a 'community-driven' mod and the desired changes are down in writing for ALL to see.

Any minor changes that you want to have added, let me know here and I will add them.

The 1st version file is here.

Here is the 2nd version
This fixes the incorrectly set ObsoleteTech on the Musketman class units.

Just in case anyone feels the need to use version 3.16, here are my copies of the mods from the last time I built them.

1. Communitas Enhanced Gameplay
  2. Communitas AI and Tools
  3. Communitas Interface
  4. Communitas Map

Update: As of 4pm Australian time 6th May, these files reflect the LATEST compiled from source. Until further notice, I will make available compiled files here in addition to maintaining the GitHub source.

I'm not following you!?

Is this related to the mod-mod I made or CEP in general? Either way, without logs or a saved game there isn't much I can do about it.

Or are you referring to the general slowdown that happened a few releases back? If so then the lua code has been optimized starting in the 3.16 version. Try that and let me know either way.

I'm not following you!?

Is this related to the mod-mod I made or CEP in general? Either way, without logs or a saved game there isn't much I can do about it.

Or are you referring to the general slowdown that happened a few releases back? If so then the lua code has been optimized starting in the 3.16 version. Try that and let me know either way.

yes i talk about the general slowdown. It's got no link with your mod-mod. ;)

yes, some bugs were removed for example, Songhai, now, can build their special building. ( Gogo liberty with + 4 culture per town :p )

So do we download the 3.16 in addition to your fix ?

Yeah!

My mod-mod is unrelated to the GitHub source. It should be good for the next few versions of CEP, assuming nothing weird happens in the meantime.

Is it not far to say that you making a mod mod that Thal and the rest of the modder's are moving in a different direction with this mod?

It's more like Thal is moving in a direction but most everyone else wants to move in this one.

:agree:

Thalassicus is on another of his extended hiatuses. Stackpoint too looks like he is either on a break or has moved on. EricB is definitely looking in other directions, as his mod-mod shows. Apart from the occasional edit or suggestion from users there is only me (aka GrantSP on GitHub) and skodkim that are still active, though slowing down, with this mod.

I am becoming increasingly disheartened and spend most of my editing time helping out other mods at the moment and only come here everyday as a courtesy to those that are still finding this great mod.

I find myself at a crossroads:
Stay with this and hope those with lua skills, that I lack, will return or join to fix some of the still lingering lua bugs, or
Call it a day and strip out the best bits for myself and start anew with a slimmed down version.

In the meantime I will continue to offer help where I can.

That explains the slow down on updates. Well to bad you can't take over yourself and start your own mod. Anyway thanks for the work you and others have done.

I think it stinks that the end user has to find out about this type of thing by hanging around and waiting for an update that never comes.

It sours a 3 year relationship with the Communitas community...

I think it stinks that the end user has to find out about this type of thing by hanging around and waiting for an update that never comes.

It sours a 3 year relationship with the Communitas community...

Don't take my word as gospel, last time @stackpoint and I spoke together about the future of the mod I bemoaned Thalassicus' absence only to have him return within the week! It could quite easily be the case that those with the skills are just engaged in something else more pressing at the moment.

Like I said, what I lack in lua skill, I make up for in a desire to see users of this mod still getting a fair shake. I will continue to do what I can.

To be fair, the last update was the one I posted here. That was only a short time ago.

I find myself at a crossroads:
Stay with this and hope those with lua skills, that I lack, will return or join to fix some of the still lingering lua bugs, or
Call it a day and strip out the best bits for myself and start anew with a slimmed down version.

In the meantime I will continue to offer help where I can.
I don't have much experience with Lua but I do understand programming code, which is basically what Lua is... I can't make any promises, but what are the nature of those bugs?

Top Bottom