Unit columns

Frossa

Prince
Quick question, does anybody know what these following things effect in a Unit?

<MilitarySupport>
<MilitaryProduction>
<Suicide>
<Conscription>
<CombatLimit>

They sound rather exciting, but before I go experimenting with them, I just want to make sure they do something to begin with.

Best thing to try when you're unsure is to do a search within the game's XML files where you found those columns (in this case, the Civ5Units XML file.) You can then look at what units from stock use them, and you can generally figure them out that way.

At the least, Suicide is used by the Nuclear Missile, Guided Missile, and the Atomic Bomb, so it should be for units that are similar to those which are "used up" when they attack.

Conscript is the "value" of the unit when conscripting population (warrior is 1, Mech Inf is 8 IIRC) - you would need to shuffle every unit up if inserting into the sequence

However, while all the DLL/Lua API code is present, it's not used internally by the game.

CombatLimit is used to determine the best defender in a multi-unit stack. Basically civilians, aircraft and missiles should set this to 0, all other units should leave it at the default of 100.

RangedCombatLimit is used to pick the best defender against an air-strike. Basically missiles and aircraft should set this to 100, all other units should leave it at the default of 0.

MilitarySupport indicates if this unit counts towards the cost of maintaining your military.

MilitaryProduction indicates if this unit gains any production bonuses for military units when being built

What about <Mechanized> and <RivalTerritory>? I assume RivalTerritory allows the unit to walk through enemy borders without war or open borders, like civ4 caravels, but what the heck is Mechanized? :confused:

Top Bottom