Unit healing rates

robinm

Chieftain
Anyone got hard data on how units healing works?

Doesw the 10% from a Medic I mean a 50hp unit heals an extra 10 HP or +10% of whatever it would have healed anyway.

Does Medic I and Medic II stack if the Medic II is in an adjacent tile?

What is the base healing of a unit
  • In a city?
  • In your territory
  • In neutral territiry
  • In enemy territory
  • The unit is a ship at sea
  • The unit is carried in a ship at sea
Can a ship with Medic II support land units in an adjacent tile? This could get quite funny using a submarine :goodjob:

How much do hostpitals help?

Does healing accelerate over time?

Does a unit moving through the radius of a Medic II heal without spenfing turns stopped?

Does a unit with March gain extra healing if it ends a turn in the raduis of a Medic II, or in a tile with a hospital or a Medic.

Does fighting a defensive battle interrupt a unit's healing?

Robin

I would also like to know the above answers.

Also, for example lets say I have 2 knights both with medic 1 promotions. does this stack to heal both units at 20%?

~Ryanstein

I haven't studied the "base healing" for different units and situations. I can answer most of the other questions. A unit has to be eligible for healing (either it didn't move, or has March) to benefit from the Medic. Medics are not cumulative; a unit either gets the Medic benefit (from a Medic I or Medic II unit), or it doesn't. The benefit should be +10 HP/turn, but I haven't checked that thoroughly. Medic II should apply to any adjacent space, including ships, etc. Hospital should also be +10 HP/turn for units in that space, but I haven't tested whether it's cumulative with Medic. Whether you are attacked is irrelevant to healing, since you heal on your own turn by not moving (or by having March).

I believe it's 5/turn in enemy territory, 10/turn in neutral territory and 20/turn in your territory. Cities without hospitals don't make a difference, and sea is just one of the above 3 kinds of territories. Medic promos don't stack. You only heal if you didn't move. Defending doesn't count as moving.

In v1.61 Medic and Hospital are mutually cumulative. If there is both a Medic unit and a Hospital in the same city, you will get benefit from both.

However, the healing rate is definitely not 10 HP per turn, but instead a percentage of the total (healthy) HP of the unit. In your own territory this appears to be 15 % without Medics around and outside cities with Hospitals, 10% in neutral territory (not within any player's cultural borders) and 5% within someone elses territory (at least if you are at war with them). The Hospital (15 %) and Medic bonuses (10 %) are added to these percentages, resulting in 40 % per turn being the max healing rate (this means that an almost destroyed unit is restored to full health after 3 turns).

For example, a Gunship (24 HP) will heal per turn:
1.2 HP in enemy territory
2.4 HP in neutral territory
3.6 HP in own territory
6.0 HP in own territory with medic present
7.2 HP in own hospital
9.6 HP in own hospital with medic present

In v1.61 Medic and Hospital are mutually cumulative. If there is both a Medic unit and a Hospital in the same city, you will get benefit from both.

However, the healing rate is definitely not 10 HP per turn, but instead a percentage of the total (healthy) HP of the unit. In your own territory this appears to be 15 % without Medics around and outside cities with Hospitals, 10% in neutral territory (not within any player's cultural borders) and 5% within someone elses territory (at least if you are at war with them). The Hospital (15 %) and Medic bonuses (10 %) are added to these percentages, resulting in 40 % per turn being the max healing rate (this means that an almost destroyed unit is restored to full health after 3 turns).

For example, a Gunship (24 HP) will heal per turn:
1.2 HP in enemy territory
2.4 HP in neutral territory
3.6 HP in own territory
6.0 HP in own territory with medic present
7.2 HP in own hospital
9.6 HP in own hospital with medic present

You have this wrong.
All units have 100HP.
The current strength is current HP * nomilan strength / 100. What is displayed is current strength. That's why you got confused.

A unit has to be eligible for healing (either it didn't move, or has March) to benefit from the Medic. Medics are not cumulative; a unit either gets the Medic benefit (from a Medic I or Medic II unit), or it doesn't. The benefit should be +10 HP/turn, but I haven't checked that thoroughly. Medic II should apply to any adjacent space, including ships, etc. Hospital should also be +10 HP/turn for units in that space, but I haven't tested whether it's cumulative with Medic. Whether you are attacked is irrelevant to healing, since you heal on your own turn by not moving (or by having March).
This is very important!
If you are sieging a city, not moving the assault units on the turn where you bomb the defense down, you may get attacked by a catapult. But if you have a medic in your stack, it's very likely (if you have strong units, like knights or better) that you heal more than the colateral damage you're dealt.
The same applies to the AI, so it's not very useful to deal just a bit of colateral. Sending 2 or more catapults is different, because damage will possibly be above the 15% threshold.

You have this wrong.
All units have 100HP.
The current strength is current HP * nomilan strength / 100. What is displayed is current strength. That's why you got confused.
I don't know about your manual, but mine doesn't mention HP (hit points, which traditionally is a number which is always variable between unit types) at all, the only combat capability statistic it discusses is "combat strength". This is also what I list, since this is what the game actually displays! I don't care if you want to call percent points of the nominal strength HP instead of the current strength, you still arrive at the same result with the correct numbers. Also, the numbers I list are exactly correct, since I've tested this personally. The numbers listed earlier in the thread may have been correct for earlier versions, but not for 1.61.

I don't know about your manual, but mine doesn't mention HP (hit points) at all, the only combat capability statistic it discusses is "combat strength". This is also what I list, since this is what the game actually displays! I don't care if you want to call percent points of the nominal strength HP instead of the current strength, you still arrive at the same result with the correct numbers. Also, the numbers I list are exactly correct, since I've tested this personally. The numbers listed earlier in the thread may have been correct for earlier versions, but not for 1.61.

Did I say something about your figures?
You mentionned HP in your post, where you were only saying things about current strength.
This is where you're wrong.

In warlords (and possibly with HoF mod), you get to see current HPs.

Why is it important? because damage are dealt in entire HP on each combat round. Read combat mechanics article (it is in the war academy).

cabert is indeed correct, and you can see the HPs of units during each round of a combat by checking the combat log. A normal, healthy unit will show 100HPs at the beginning of combat, whether it's a Warrior or a Modern Armor.

1) Both ways of looking at it are correct, for they are both identical when you remove semantics. Considering all units to have X/100 hitpoints is the same as dealing with percentages of their strength value (which is the only value you see outside of combat situations).

2) Being inside a moving transport does *not* count as moving. So long as a land unit hasn't just loaded into the transport, and hasn't made an attack from the transport, it will heal, regardless of what the transport does.

Top Bottom