Unit Request: DD(X) Future Stealth Destroyer.

Latest I heard on the US laser program was a laser that needed a lot of juice and around a minute of continuous focus to blow up a hand grenade.
How about through an inch of steel plate in less than a second at horizon to horizon distances? Oops! Does Echelon watch the Internet?

Will someone see my boss and give me a raise? :mischief:

You could`ve put up a poll,

How many peepool would like this oonit?

I've literally been asking for this ship for years without any unit-making takers; sadly, I doubt a poll would change anyone's mind.

-Oz

Well here's its vital stats if anyone is interested.

Displacement: 14,564 tons[1]
Length: 600 ft (183 m)
Beam: 79.1 ft (24.1 m)
Draft: 27.6 ft (8.4 m)
Propulsion
and power: 2 Rolls-Royce Marine Trent-30 gas turbines and emergency diesel generators, 78 MW
Speed: 30.3 kt (56 km/h)
Complement: 140
Armament: 20 × MK 57 VLS modules, comprising a total of 80 missiles
Evolved Sea Sparrow Missile (ESSM)
Tactical Tomahawk Block IV
Standard Missile 2 Block III (SM-2)
Vertical Launch Anti-Submarine Rocket (ASROC)
2 × 155 mm Advanced Gun System
920 × 155 mm total; 600 in automated store + Auxiliary store room with up to 320 rounds (non-automatic) as of April 2005
70-100 LRLAP rounds planned as of 2005 of total
2 × Mk 110 57 mm gun (CIWS)
Sensors: AN/SPY-3 Multi-Function Radar (MFR) (X-band, scanned array)
Volume Search Radar (VSR) (S-band, scanned array)
Aircraft complement: 2 SH-60 LAMPS helicopters or 1 MH-60R helicopter
3 MQ-8 Fire Scout VTUAV

Bump...................

bumping it isn't going to get this unit made any faster. ATM there is only one unit maker who makes modern ships. And since he is on planes right now he isn't going to switch over to ships for a single unit unless it really intrigues him. And since he hasn't replied to this thread he probably isn't intrigued enough to switch over to it right now in the middle of his planes. So once he starts making ships again then bump this thread, of course by then he will probably have decided to make it.

Yes, However he hasn't made any units since June

Yeah, I'm sorry about that folks, but I've been putting some major time in playing World in Conflict. I give that game two thumbs up ! My wife hates it worse than Civ3 now. Before that I was playing some CivIV BtS, and there are things I like about it, but the AI is not any brighter when it comes to naval combat.

My new South Dakota class BB is still on the backburner, I got bored setting up the animations for it and left off with only the death animation undone. I still have all the rendering to do yet.

Anyways, sorry for kinda threadjacking here. I'm still here, but I lurk alot these days.

Yeah, I'm sorry about that folks, but I've been putting some major time in playing World in Conflict. I give that game two thumbs up ! My wife hates it worse than Civ3 now. Before that I was playing some CivIV BtS, and there are things I like about it, but the AI is not any brighter when it comes to naval combat.

My new South Dakota class BB is still on the backburner, I got bored setting up the animations for it and left off with only the death animation undone. I still have all the rendering to do yet.

Anyways, sorry for kinda threadjacking here. I'm still here, but I lurk alot these days.

World in conflict is quite the interesting new game. I have to agree with the 2 thumbs up. Can't wait to see the finished South Dakota.

Hi Gang,

I've cleared this with Padma, and I'm offering to PAY someone to do either the DD(X) or Arsenal Ship. Rather than offer an amount, I'd like to receive bids; either post here or PM me.

Capitalistically Yours,

Oz

Thats enough motivation for me...but then the only one to get it would be you. Fair's fair.

Thats enough motivation for me...but then the only one to get it would be you. Fair's fair.

Wyrmshadow you've just become a mod-maker's salvation. And I completely agree to your terms :)

Thank You,

Oz

I just like seeing all the monkeys claw at each other when NONE has the ability to remedy the situation... like a bunch of parrots "I want I want I want" "Good Idea!!" "Good Idea!"... like the early days of CFC where unit makers were outnumbered by requests 1000-1. If this is the last time I see a rediculous thread like this I'll make one by the end of the week.

What, a non-Civ game? Shocking, just shocking.

She'll be coming 'round the mountain when she comes.

Top Bottom