unit request- infantry mortar.

Crist2000

Warlord
heh, I made one 3 years ago. I just took away the rifle and replased it with the stuff that looks like mortar. In the begining that was OK, because of lack of good custom units, but things turned to be different now. :) This jerking infantry guy looks quite lame amogst those great units we have today.

*taps ozymandias on the shoulder*

Ahem... actually, I think that Crist2000 made the mortar from which the German variant was made... or at least inspired it. I think he wants a new 3D one... :)

Dom Pedro II said:
*taps ozymandias on the shoulder*

Ahem... actually, I think that Crist2000 made the mortar from which the German variant was made... or at least inspired it. I think he wants a new 3D one... :)

Ahh ..... So much for any pretense of encyclopedic knowledge, huh? :lol:

Yes..it would be great to have a new mortar. And it should be a mortar team --even
the little 60mm mortars are operated by 2 soldiers.

Hmm... just about every nation uses mortars, with the only real difference being the size/caliber. The most common ones are 60mm & 81mm (US) 82mm (Russia), and 120mm (Russia). A generic mortar crew with a mortar representing the 81/82mm would
work well, with a modern style uniform and helmet and some type of civ-specific coloring. If one wanted to get more civ-specific, one could be made with helmets for the US, Russia, England, etc, and one without helmets to represent guerilla forces - Viet Cong, Sandinistas, etc.

I'm just curious, but where did that ever so common german helmet head come from? Personally, I think it looks so fake and rubber and I have never once gotten a unit with that head on it. I mean no offense to the creator, I just want to know, it looks like a very early custom mod.

Top Bottom