Unit Request Thread 3

Thanks guys.

I found some helpful pictures for the trains.
I should point out the unit’s only need a single frame default.flc and nothing else.

Electric passenger train
Diesel engine (passenger and freight)
Early tram
Tram

Spoiler Pics for needed units :
upload_2017-5-9_21-19-32.png
upload_2017-5-9_21-20-26.png
upload_2017-5-18_3-23-36.png
upload_2017-5-18_3-12-29.png
upload_2017-5-18_3-13-6.png

Spoiler Interesting extras :
upload_2017-5-18_3-24-3.png
upload_2017-5-18_3-24-14.png
upload_2017-5-18_3-24-21.png

Last edited:
Could anyone point me to a four horse (quadriga) chariot? I've searched a fair bit, but still not found one. Thanks.

Exactly what I needed. Thank you, Bluemofia.
(Are those Donkeys?:lol: I don't think they're gonna be winning the race in Ben Hur.)
I think so, but hopefully at the civ scale, you won't be able to tell the difference.

Either way, looking through all of the chariots, I wasn't able to find another 4-animal pulled chariot (the closest was 4 oxen pulling a cart like Oregon Trail). Most people didn't want to deal with animating 4 horses, despite the requests in the past.

I’m using cheap disposable units like the Firebee and Chukar drones to distract a single fighter per turn.
Does anyone have graphics I can use for Chaff?

How it works
1 Def, 1 HP, 1 Bomb, 1 Hit, x OR, Aircraft, no collateral
Use several drones to bomb next to the target area (never a tile with a ground based air defence) then commence regular bombing. The result is that you’re only vulnerable to ground fire for that area that turn.

I’m using cheap disposable units like the Firebee and Chukar drones to distract a single fighter per turn.
Does anyone have graphics I can use for Chaff?

How it works
1 Def, 1 HP, 1 Bomb, 1 Hit, x OR, Aircraft, no collateral
Use several drones to bomb next to the target area (never a tile with a ground based air defence) then commence regular bombing. The result is that you’re only vulnerable to ground fire for that area that turn.
So, I haven't tested this, so I don't know if it will work at all, so take it with a grain of salt.

In the past, Wyrmshadow has created a very nice Flak animation:

The original site where it is hosted is down, and re-uploading it has been a touchy subject, but you probably can find it in some of the WWII Scenarios if you looked hard enough.

Anyhow, this was setup to be used as a SAM.flc animation replacement, so that you have flak shooting down planes rather than a missile, for WWII scenarios. While it is not quite the same as a chaff burst with a bunch of aluminum strips to confuse radar, it'll serve better than a drone or something. I don't know if using the SAM.flc or some other non-standard unit animations as if they were regular unit animations will cause problems, but it's a possibility.

Thanks Bluemofia but that looks like it’s intended to be twice the height of the unit so visually it wouldn’t intercept. I think I remember trying to use falling snow from a winter mod (“we love the leader”/fireworks graphics) unsuccessfully so the two may have the same problem.
It’s a nice .flc and I might use it to replace the standard SAM. It’s a shame that we can’t make it era specific.

In the CFC database there is a C-130 Hercules done by Wyrmshadow with a flare-animation. Of course it would need some work and graphical skill to change the object from a C-130 to a Firebee or Chukar if this should be possible at all.

Flare 081.jpg

Hi Civinator, thanks for contributing.

My plan is much simpler.
I need falling aluminium pieces or something visually similar and nothing else for the victory.flc and death.flc. If it’s intercepted as planned you’ll only see the chaff animation with no attacking aircraft in sight. From the players perspective the enemy fighter looks to be exasperatedly firing into bits of foil. If it isn’t intercepted it’ll just show the aircraft dump the chaff (using the run.flc and victory.flc) with no result and you can make another attempt next turn.

The chaff plane upgrades to the Firebee and then the Chukar drone. The target drones use blank animation for the victory.flc so the drone appears to peacefully fly over the area and return to base if it isn't intercepted.

Hey could someone make 4 "wall" units, like wood wall, stone wall, iron wall, and maybe reinforced wall (in-between wood and stone or something with some improvised materials, but looks thicker and padded). The attack animation could just be something simple like arrows flying out. I've found a couple contenders in the database that I could use, but would like something nicer and more uniform, plus one or 2 don't fit it exactly. As far as how they look, I just want them to look like their actual materials and in a wall. Something like default civ3's walls is just fine as well.

Didnt find the Medieval Wall previously. It may be of use, but i was intending them for cities not as a unit on land, though I had not considered that, but I would still want ones for cities, and I would want them to encircle the city.

Trenches and Fire Wall are not suitable for what I want.

Last edited:
Top Bottom