***Unit Request Thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello Devotee

Do you have some pictures of Indian units trough the times ?
I'm not a unit creator, but maybe someone could be interesting in doing them ?

Dom Pedro II is making some very nice asian units... :)

Maybe is there an Indian site for civilization (as civfanatics) ?

What I'm looking for are several animal units. I began making a scienario about a month ago and I need these units.
Wooly Mamoth
Bear
Deer
Or any other common ancient-age game. :D

I need a cat, yes I said a cat. It will be either a UU for my Cat civ or the Cat civ's King unit. It could be any of the Big cats (tigers, lions, etc.). It could also be a person with a tail and a cat face for the king unit (like Cat In The Hat, but not silly).

Originally posted by kulade
What I'm looking for are several animal units. I began making a scienario about a month ago and I need these units.
Wooly Mamoth
Bear
Deer
Or any other common ancient-age game. :D

I second all of these - doubly on the mammoth.

Big cats would be cool, house cats amusing I guess, but a Cat in the Hat just utterly frightening.

I also want an ancient warrior armed only with a spear. No armor or shield. Similar to the Eniku Warrior (or whatever he's called)

I want a multi-figure Guerilla unit and a Guerilla-type saboteur (no rifle... a pistol maybe). Please make my wish come true Santa... :rolleyes:

Originally posted by kulade
Here's the kind of spear dude i'm looking for:

:lol:

That guy looks like Tommy Chong, man! You should only make him available with the Hemp resource!

could anyone make the whirblewind, elephant, firefly, or experimental plan Gigantium - all WWII units or concepts?
was surprised I didnt see a few of these at least. :tank:

hey ya'll i really need these units for my Stargate SG-1 SCENARIO.
T
he show Stargate SG-1 after 8 seasons will soon be going off air. A new show StarGate Atlantis will be taking its place. Anywayz if any1 could make any of these units it would be really appreciated. If any1 has any suggestions or wants to join and permenantly help as much as possible it will be appreciated. Thanx every1 that has made units that I can use and those that are going to make units for this SICK scenario. Here's what I need before this scenario can be completed::::

I dunno how 2 post pictures so can u check this link and the units i need are:
http://www.freewebs.com/civ3stargatescenario.com

Thanx alot

Killer_j27 :goodjob: :thanx: :borg: :sniper:

Originally posted by scottskingdom
could anyone make the whirblewind, elephant, firefly, or experimental plan Gigantium - all WWII units or concepts?
was surprised I didnt see a few of these at least. :tank:

Go here:
http://www.cdgroup.org/forums/tbs/civ3/viewtopic.php?t=5076

It has the elephant and firefly. I don't know what the whirblewind is though, and never heard of the Gigantium.

Hi I am making what I hope will be a very fun and interesting scenario.

May I request the following units?
-F5 Freedom Fighter
-Mig 29 Fulcrum
-Mirage 2005
-Hawk 200
-OV10 Bronco

-Uniformed Soldier with AK47
-Uniformed Soldier with M16

-Patrol Boat/Frigate (Attacks by launching torpedoes)

I think everyone should know which direction im pointing at now lol. The map is done, with all the cities, terrain etc. All that is left are the rule edting and stuff. And the units.

Thanks Zeekator for link.
The Whirblewind (I think it was called this as nickname) was a tank hull mounted German WWII Quad AA gun versus the halftrack mounted one. (enclosed in turret)

The Gigantium (again not 100% sure on name) was a German concept battle station tank . And it was huge as name implies :)
and had numerous turrets! It would have probably had a very low offroad movement allowance. It's been a while since I read about it (decade ago) But I think the allies found the plans to it after the war although it never went into production. Sorta like a slow moving fortress. Ya I'm talkin huuuge- I can't recollect its dimensions- I'm not even sure it would have fit on a 2 lane road!
:eek:

Im not sure if it had numerous turrets but I do know that a 2 storey chasis was captured by allied forces in a german factory towards the end of the war. It was supposed to weigh 100 tonnes but was never completed and only two were ever "produced"

However, I do know that a land-battleship type tank with multiple turrets actually existed. It belonged to the Soviet Union and was produced in the 30s. It weighed 35 tons and had 3 turrets and numerous machine guns. These tanks were named Lenin tanks (I think they were also called t35s.) Most of them were out of use by 1942.

May I also request for the Taiwanese indigenous fighter?

Hey, I'm interested in putting together a gangster-style CivIII Conquests Scenario but I need new units. I've not got anything specific yet but if anyone is interested in helping me put this together please get in touch by PM.

My only request is to include all the necessary files when making a unit.

They should at minimum include:

8 directional views of idle, combat, fortify, movement
audio for combat, movement
pcx files (lg & sm)
unit_32 file
ini file

Optional files:
camoflauge variations
8 directional views of fidgit, retreat, victory/upgrade
audio for fortify, victory/upgrade
unit stat recommendations vs the base of the C3C standards

As far as unit requests go:
Country/Region specific units
camoflauge variations for units
terrorist & other specialty units

Please, make somebody warwagon.

The Hussites (Bohemia 15th cent.) developed wagons specifically for the open battlefield and these became known by the term Tabor in the Christian sources of the time and as Tabur by the Ottoman Turks.

The body of the tabor was a rectangle of stout planking some 3-4 feet high from the floor. Fixed to the top of these sides with hinges were additional boards. These could be raised and fixed in place forming a tall shed like structure (usually roofless but not always). The sides of these boards were pierced to allow archers, handgunners and crossbowmen to fire on the enemy with maximum protection. Some of the later tabors were further modified with doors or a ramp on one side to allow the crews to disembark on the inner side of the laager. The tabors also had a large container filled with stones, either attached to the rear of the tabor or held within it. This was to increase stability and to provide additional missiles for the crew. Slung below the body of the tabor was another hinged large plank, pierced with firing slits. This plank could be lowered to close off the space under the tabor, helping to prevent enemy infantry gaining access to the tabor laager and allowing defending infantry to fire from comparative safety.

The tabors also carried large mantlets that could be attached between them to provide additional protection for defenders. These were generally used when a 'quick' or extended defensive formation was required.

The Wheels of the tabor were large and usually iron rimmed. The front pair projected out slightly from the body. This was to allow one front wheel to be locked into place with the rear wheel of another tabor and chained together. This method of securing the tabors together was for two reasons. The first was enhanced stability. In this locked position it was almost impossible for enemy infantry to overturn the tabor. The second was for tactical advantage. The interlocking tabors formed a series of enfilading fire zones. This method eventually became the norm for a defensive tabor formation but as it required greater effort and time to construct meant the tabors could form an in line defense using the mantlets and chains to cover the larger gaps. The chains were also used to secure the front and rear wheels together (at their closest point) this help to prevent the tabor being man handled out of the defensive line.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom