1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Unit Request Thread

Discussion in 'Civ5 - Unit Graphics' started by Jennar, Sep 25, 2010.

1. Nutty

Nutty Chieftain

I still can't bend Blender to my will.

For fun, I did do a gray recolor with optional sharkmouth, though.

Attached Files:

2. Craig_Sutter

Craig_Sutter Chieftain

I could really use a European javelineer. All the ones we have are South American native cultures.

3. PawelS

PawelS Ancient Druid

There is a Roman Javelineer in the danrell's pack.

4. Ekmek

Ekmek on steam: ekmek_e

did you use a helicoter template? how did you rig it to the civ5 helicopter?

5. Nutty

Nutty Chieftain

As I said, Blender's not working for me; I can't seem to follow the tutorials successfully. Anyway, "recolor" was the operative word; I only changed the diffuse texture.

6. dinobot386

dinobot386 Chieftain

I was wondering if someone could do some Aztec Ancient-Medieval units, since those seem to be lacking

7. Ahhuatl

Ahhuatl Chieftain

I'm planning on making a scenario that will simulate an alien invasion. I need a few graphics/animations for this and will appreciate any help I can get. I need a flying saucer (landed) as well as one that is animated/in-flight. Alien troopers and maybe some sort of mech.

8. Daviiid

Daviiid Chieftain

I'm wondering if anyone could give Carthage some attention?

I've only seen a few Carthage units done and I think it would be interesting to see some "what if" Carthaginian Musketmen, Riflemen, Frigates and Knights.

I'd do it myself or help out if I could

9. trystero49

trystero49 Chieftain

10. Barathor

Barathor Chieftain

If anybody has the time and is interested in this, I'd greatly appreciate it if the axeman and maceman from Civ 4 were imported into Civ 5 for the community to utilize within their mods.

:please:

11. mjjepper

mjjepper Chieftain

More ships!

I found modern ships such as dreadnaughts, cruisers and the like, but age of sail ships are sorely lacking. Currently using galley art for my extra ships... Merchantmen, trade cogs, and brigs just to name a few.

12. Street91

Street91 Chieftain

I would love some steampunk themed riflemen to use for my steampunk mod. At the moment the mod finishes with Great war infantry but it doesn't feel right.

Sadly I have never been a art sort of person so even if I spend lots of time I don't have learning how to make it myself I know it would look rubbish.

I don't expect anyone to make this for me but thought id drop it in here just incase. Of course I would give full credits and love who ever does it.

13. j51

j51 Blue Star Cadet

Is there a mod that just adds Bernie's riflemen and Napoleonic muskets to the game?

14. Nutty

Nutty Chieftain

@j51: No, but it wouldn't be hard using Ethnic Units as a base. It already has the riflemen, so just delete everything that isn't a rifleman. Then add the Napoleonic art files (VFS=true). Then use Musketman.sql as a template to add the Napoleonic musketmen to the game.

15. trystero49

trystero49 Chieftain

I'm looking to change Polynesia to Hawaii and give them different uniques. Could someone make me a unit graphic for the "Paddle Warrior"? Essentially, they would be warriors, but instead of clubs they carry canoe paddles. Thanks.

16. j51

j51 Blue Star Cadet

Yeah, I thought of that, but that mod crashes the game.

17. Nutty

Nutty Chieftain

Really? I personally use R.E.D. as a base, but I figured that's a bit more work to untangle for what you had in mind. However, whatever problem you were having with Ethnic Units will almost certainly not survive you stripping most of the mod away.

18. cool3a2

cool3a2 Chieftain

I'd like two request two units.

1. k.k. Landwehr
    Spoiler :

There were at least two subtypes: ordinary Landwehr and Gebirgsschützen especially for mountains. I'd like to focus on the former to have it more general, yet I'll also provide pictures for the latter for some details.

Ordinary Landwehr:

Captains uniform of the Landwehr:

Captains uniform of the Landesschützen (a special mountain unit) - maybe also a base for the hat:

Photos for the actual colour (also mountain unit, but colours should be the same):

2. Hungarian Huszár
    A reskin would do it, I suppose, but I don't want to make restrictions about that. There should be tree combinations of colouring:
    - green jacket, red trousers, red hat:
    Spoiler :

(nice colour tones here:)

- green, jacket, red trusers, but blue hat:
    Spoiler :

(see the two huszárs on the sides)

- blue jacket, red trousers, red or black hat:
    Spoiler :

(the stripes on the jacket should be yellow:)

(female in hungarian huszár clothing:)

(My opinion is, that combination no. 1 and 3 are the most common, so are most important.)

As of the buttons, I already requested them from janboruta. You might contact him to get the button according to the unit.

EDIT: Request already taken.

19. Dom1nus

Dom1nus Chieftain

Hi , im working in a civilization mod based on Wallachia and i cant seem to find apropiated units, if someone can make some i would really apreciate it.

Some examples:

Spoiler :

Thx!

20. Ogenvi

Ogenvi Chieftain

I would want to replace the actual helicopter skin by others like Havoc, AH-Viper, Apache, Eurocopter 665 Tiger (for different civs). If somebody can create them I would be grateful :p