Units : Animation for Perry Class Frigate

Dark Sheer

Deity
Phew!! Finally completed the animation file for Perry Class Frigate as requested by dannyevilcat just in time for New Year! :D. As usual, you need to use either the hacked Civ3Edit or Gramphos' Civ3CopyTool to create a new unit call Modern Frigate. If you uses the hacked Civ3Edit then do remember to create a folder under Civilization III\Art\units named Modern Frigate (Civ3CopyTool will automatically create the folder for you).

Just unzip the file and copy everything except the two pcx files to this new directory. The two pcx files are Civilopedia icons and they should go to Civilization III\Art\Civilopedia\Icons\units.

No file is being replaced here so you should be safe to install this new unit even if this is your first time ;)

The files in the zip are as follow:

PerryDefault.flc
PerryRun.flc
PerryAttackA.flc
PerryDeath.flc
Modern Frigate.INI
ModernFrigatelarge.pcx
ModernFrigatesmall.pcx

Once more, kindly give some feedback on this animation, be it good or bad :D

And Happ New Year to all Civers around the world !!
[party] :beer:

Attachments

• modernfrigate.zip
    468.2 KB · Views: 3,293
Here is the icons for units_32.pcx file. Just copy and paste them into the units_32.pcx file. I have also included the icons for Terrorist and Crossbowman as none was made earlier :D

Attachments

• units_32_icon.jpg
    units_32_icon.jpg
    1.9 KB · Views: 8,280
For those who are wondering, here is how the unit looks like in the game.

The Frigate is lineup next to a Destroyer and a Battleship for comparison purposes. ;)

Attachments

• perry.jpg
    perry.jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 7,782
Awesome!
Downloading it and adding to my mod, hope I dont have to start a new game to use the new unit :)

Thanks Dark Sheer! Checked it out and it looks great, you did an excellent job! :goodjob:

I predict that in the new year you'll be so busy with future requests you'll just forget about the little people (like me :) ), but if I ever have another idea, you'll be the first person I'll be looking for.

An illustrated story of what I'll be like tonight:
[party] :beer: :smoke: 3...2...1...HAPPY NEW YEAR!!! [party] :vomit: :sleep:

Hey, I'd been wondering (but I didn't want to remind you until now, in case you you switched projects ;) ), but weren't you going to work on the Japanese Zero? How is that project going?
Anyway, thanks again!

Well, after seeing how well Haverlock is doing on those WWII units, I think I will let him handle WWII units ;)

Now, what I am thinking of next is a camel rider for those who like middle eastern Civs :D The only thing I need now is a few good picture showing a running camel :) And the more I use Animation Shop the more I like the functions in it :D

If I may make a request, and a sugestion:

Dont waste time on a Zero fighter plane yet, there's allready a fighter in Civ3, and there are many units that should be but arent :) Ok, so the Americans have a different Jet Fighter, what I did, was rename the F15 to Strike Fighter and make it available to everyone (I also tweaked the costs and bombard values...), then made the Panzer also available to the Americans and renamed it to Heavy Tank. Also changed Zulus to Spanish and gave them the Man-O-War like the English. No reason why we cant have some civs share unique units :)

In my opinion, here are some units that should be in civ3:

Medieval Swordsman
Dragoon
Jet Bomber

And there are many others that would be nice, like your recent jobs. A WW2 era Carrier, a Steam Ship (transport), a WW1 era Fighter, the F22 Stealth Fighter, Partisans, Commandos/Spec. Ops, another Rifleman unit to act as a defensive/militia unit while the standard Rifleman is changed to attack (we have the French Musketeer in oposition to the Musketman), a transport truck (not the APC :) )...

Thanks, and keep up the good work, we all apreciate it, there are not many people around capable of making animated units.

I like these ideas!!:love:

Maybe I will work on a middle ages swordsman next ;)

I believe I already have some idea how this unit going to look like. But the next flc will take a little longer as I am back to work on the 2nd and January is a killer month for Accounting Firms (Ah, yes, I am a CPA :D)

I'm working on a few sceneraios/mods, one of which could greatly benefit from biplanes and zeppelins -- for the latter, helium (pretty much only found in the ground for the US) would allow construction of higher survivability (less flammable!) airships.

Happy/Merry Solstice/Christmas/Hannukah/Kwanza/New Year!

Best,

Ozymandias

I don't know how to add a new unit to the game using Gramphos' copy tool. What Bic file do i select when i want to make a new unit? Or do i modify a saved game?:confused:

Originally posted by MummyMan
I don't know how to add a new unit to the game using Gramphos' copy tool. What Bic file do i select when i want to make a new unit? Or do i modify a saved game?:confused:

First, make a backup copy of your Civ3mod.bic and name it say, MyCiv3mod.bic. Then, use Civ3CopyTool and load MyCiv3mod.bic and select add a unit. You can select any unit as a base to add the new unit (you need to use Civ3Edit to change all the necessary stats later anyway ;) )

This way you can still play the standard rules. When you want to play a modified one, just select Load Scenario at the start menu and load MyCiv3mod.bic :D

Your Modern Frigate is a big sucess and i added it to my ultimod pack. It looks so good in the water. Thanks. Keep the great animations coming up.

What's your secret?

If it isn't too much could you tell me if it's possible to change the colour of the units already in the game to another colour. Like I wanted to change the paratroopers suit from white to black, anyone noe how to do dat?

Originally posted by MazterJo
Your Modern Frigate is a big sucess and i added it to my ultimod pack. It looks so good in the water. Thanks. Keep the great animations coming up.

What's your secret?

If it isn't too much could you tell me if it's possible to change the colour of the units already in the game to another colour. Like I wanted to change the paratroopers suit from white to black, anyone noe how to do dat?

I am glad that so many people like the Modern Frigate :cool: Close to 100 downloads in just one day! :D

Actually there is no secret to it, just many hours staring at the computer screen with Animation Shop :lol: Perhaps I will make a simple tutorial on making animation ;)

As to changing of color, its all in the palette. So when you edit the paratrooper's flc in say Paintshop Pro, load the .PAL file created by Flicster then edit it. Look for the white color in the palette and just change it. But becareful, because the same white color might be use in other part of the flc (say gun fire). :D

Don't wanna be see from this website anymore on google!

Attachments

• perryattacka.gif
    perryattacka.gif
    75.3 KB · Views: 6,947
Originally posted by dsaindon
For help people to know your work and help you to promote your unit i post you this.

Thanks for the animated gif, dsaidon ;)

One thing I don't understand, there is no rating for this animation ??:confused:

Dark Sheer, I'd just like to let you know i'm using your animation in my coming modpack and would like to thank you for all your hard work. Cheers to Darksheer!

Originally posted by Scipio Africanu
Dark Sheer, I'd just like to let you know i'm using your animation in my coming modpack and would like to thank you for all your hard work. Cheers to Darksheer!

You are welcomed to use the animation Scipio :D

Some small tweeks, the Oliver H Perry class has a missle launcher in the front vice a canon. The Canon is located between the smoke stack and the main mast. Other than that, its looks just like a real one. I spent 4 years on the USS McClusky (FFG-41). And am happy to see one finnaly in the game itself. Thank you so very much.

Dave Dee :goodjob:

Top Bottom