Units!

Can someone please make me a steam locomotive for Civ 2 with a shield and rules, so it replaces the transport truck, but acts like a steam locomotive? I'd appreciate it!

You mean it stays only for the rails? That, mon ami, is a lot of work and I am afraid it won't work for random games, but pre-defined scenarios only. Temuchin has cleverly done that in his Russian civil war scenario for ToT, you might want to check that. Also, IIRC, locomotive/train graphics do exist in huge unit lists available at CFC.

I got the train to work. Thanks everybody!

I've posted a large number of units over here. Do people not use this section so much?

My most recent unit, an F-4 Phantom II:

Don't worry, the spots are only in the preview; a symptom of the bulk converter I used.

Great stuff! Have you done some Robotech units too? :)

Thanks! I haven't done Robotech stuff, no, but as you can see my creative fancy veers all over the place. :D

Civ2 lives on :D

Nice work there BC1871, I see you used some Fairline's units as a base. I'm a big fan of Fairline's work and derivatives thereof.

Civ2 lives on :D

Nice work there BC1871, I see you used some Fairline's units as a base. I'm a big fan of Fairline's work and derivatives thereof.

As far as Civ2 goes, Fairline has definitely set the standard. I'll try to put out some more Fairline inspired creations soon, and see if we can get this units section up and rolling again.

Great work, keep them coming!

@BC1871:

If you are going to display graphics in the thread, could you please avoid BMPs. BMPs are not webpage-friendly; they are an uncompressed graphic format. For example, I managed to compress that 196 kB BMP attachment (about the same size as an 800 x 600 JPG screenshot) in post #1107 down to a 16.7 kB PNG file. PNG compression is lossless. Consider dial-up and throttled broadband users. Over in Apolyton's Civ2 scenario forum, where the practice of posting BMPs is a disease, some of the graphics threads take forever to load.

Thanks for all the comments. I'm trying to think of a new project, but I'm not sure what to do next?

A few ideas so far:
RCAF Service Police Collection
Marine Security Guard Collection
Prohibition Agent Collection

If anyone has any other ideas, feel free to send them my way. Also I hope to see some new content in the Units section soon!

Your next project is called: Canada vs. The United States...in a battle for the great lakes!

That actually is not a bad idea...

I figure it could be broken down in 3 different ways:

Option 1: An alternate history scenario, which takes place during the Great Depression, where a more militarized Dominion of Canada, and the United States go to war, following a sneak attack by the U.S. in an attempt to stimulate the economy and national pride. Main combat revolves around RCN/USN conflict on the "Lakes".

Option 2: A future scenario, in which a Canada, which has moved back to its more traditional conservative roots, goes to war with an increasingly liberal United States. The lead invasion comming up from Michigan.

Option 3: A near future scenario, in which the US invades Ontario/Loyalist Canada, following its fracture, with both Western Canada and Quebec gaining their independence.

Got tons of ideas! If you have the time ;)

I kind of like option 3...it really sparks a a bit of fun in the current political climate and could be a great way to test the complexity of different scenario strategies.

Keep us posted...a new scenario would be fun!

:goodjob:

Just a quickly done up Pre-Unification Canadian Soldier.

Attachments

• Canadian Soldier 1960's.png
    Canadian Soldier 1960's.png
    2 KB · Views: 618
Top Bottom