Universal Suffrage civic

Trout

Chieftain
Good afternoon all. I cannot locate any thread on this topic. Is US civic ever worth using and if so, in what circumstances?? Full disclosure, I have never used it ever in my several years of playing since 2013 as Representation is just better in the late game.

However I play with corporations often and I have begun to wonder if it is useful in corporation spread, or maybe other situations I am not thinking about after Kremlin is built where quickly popping out certain things is beneficial and one does not want to use slavery for reasons such as continuing to run CS civic.

Any thoughts on this subject from anyone??

Interesting question, as US does seem to rarely be discussed in the strategy forum. I'm certainly no authority on it, but I think in a you hit the nail on the head with Kremlin fueled corp spread. I rarely do corps and favor late game SP fueled hammer economies. However, I would think a large heavily cottaged empire could benefit from some temporary ..possibly Golden Age..US rush buying of Execs to spread Sushi/Mining fast....and some factories/plants/labs or whatnot. I'm thinking Space games only here though. Is it optimal...can't answer that. I expect some of the pros do some Kremlin shenanigans with Kremlin rush buying/whipping for overflow like into Space Parts (seem to recall seeing that mentioned before without really understanding the ooncept). @WastinTime and/or @Kaitzilla may have some experience with this approach.

Mara games may benefit more from this, but I don't do Mara.

I used to use it to buy the UN in my OCC peaceful diplo games.
Best on Deity cus the AI will research and give you Democracy. And they have 1000's and 1000's of gold to offer for Physics, Electricity, Radio, etc. You can 'build' the UN in 1 turn.

I've found it useful in the very late game when I'm falling behind and need to go warmongering - switch my scientists over to priests or engineers, switch civics from Representation to Universal Suffrage (and possibly others, e.g. Free Religion back to Theocracy), turn the science slider down and the gold slider up, and crank out units in every city like there's no tomorrow.

Top Bottom