1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Unofficial BTS 3.13 patch

Discussion in 'Civ4 - General Discussions' started by Bhruic, Oct 5, 2007.

1. obsolete

obsolete Deity

Hmm!

There was no perm alliance between them, but now I'm remembering some sort of other bug the other day I spotted.

Chariots don't get defense in trees, but I noticed, if a friendly neighbour of mine happens to be stacked in the same tile as the chariot I want to hit, this fubbers up the whole combat odds calc, and then it applies the +50 forest def to the charriot.

I'm not 100% sure if it's just a display glitch or if it actually will affect the combat though.

Since that happens, I wouldn't be surprised if Qin maybe had a unit in the city and caused this to happen.

I do remember, pre 3.13 when if there was a friendly spy unit even next to a city, you couldn't nuke it at all.

Anyhow, I'll keep my eye out for any more anomalies.

2. jkp1187

jkp1187 Unindicted Co-Conspirator

I suspect that it's ether a Chinese unit in Genghis' city....or else Genghis is a vassal of the Chinese, and a master's SDI protection applies to vassals as well. (Which would be logical). I don't know if the vassal thing is true or not.

3. Roland Johansen

Roland Johansen Deity

Without any game saves that show the exact nature of the anomaly, these reports won't help to fix any potential bugs. To find the exact nature of a bug and to reproduce the bug a savegame is very important. Otherwise, bugs can't be distinguished from normal but misunderstood game behaviour. And if someone is willing to search through the code to actually find the cause of a bug, then it is probably very important to see the exact in-game conditions which cause a bug.

4. scu98rkr

scu98rkr Prince

As far as im aware this patch hasnt been updated since october 2007.

Yet this thread lives and and people are often pointing out new bugs, has anything been updated since then ?

5. grumbler

grumbler Prince

Most recent update was May 17, 2008. :)

6. Duuk

Duuk Doom-Sayer Supporter

You are incorrect.

7. scu98rkr

scu98rkr Prince

So where is the download the one. On the first post there is v1.21 which is dated October 2007 ?

8. grumbler

grumbler Prince

The date in the CFC download database is probably from the initial upload.

1.21 is current and was uploaded May 17.

9. Yakk

Yakk Cheftan

10. Neato

Neato Dog Culture Advisor

Anyone having a problem with the info screen? My civ is the only one who's on there.

11. Woody1

Woody1 Prince

Oh, yes! If that works, then please include it in the next unofficial patch. I hate that new colonies are banned, simply because old civs can't be reused.

12. Yakk

Yakk Cheftan

Works, with 1 unfixable bug, and 1 fixable bug.

Fixable bug: that code posted doesn't clear the culture of the old civilization. Easy to fix.

Unfixable bug: the name of the civilization is set to the name of the old civilization in question, as is the leader. The civilization actually changes, and the leader head changes, and the features of the civilization change -- but the actual name of the leader, and the name of the civ, is stored where I can get at it.

This is a bit jarring at the start, but it doesn't cause that big of a problem. Ie "why does Qun Shun Hung of the Chinese look like Ragnar?! And why does he have Berzerkers?!"

13. Woody1

Woody1 Prince

Hmmm... I'd rather that the same civ was reused, rather than a different civ under the same name and leader. The way you say it works is kind of disconcerting.

14. jdog5000

jdog5000 Revolutionary

I find that very odd ... I change dead leaders/civs all the time in my mod and have never run in to that.

The function getName in CvPlayer does:

Code:
    	if (isEmpty(gDLL->getPlayerName(getID(), uiForm)) || (GC.getGameINLINE().isMPOption(MPOPTION_ANONYMOUS) && isAlive()))
    	{
    		return GC.getLeaderHeadInfo([B]getLeaderType()[/B]).getDescription(uiForm);
    	}
    	else
    	{
    		return gDLL->getPlayerName(getID(), uiForm);
    	}

So, as long as you've properly changed the leader type it shouldn't be a problem. To do this you would make calls like:

Code:
    	GC.getInitCore().setLeader(eNewPlayer, eLeader);
    	GC.getInitCore().setCiv(eNewPlayer, eCiv);
    	GC.getInitCore().setColor(eNewPlayer, eColor);

If you want some source code as a reference, check out my mod ... specifically CvPlayer::changeLeader, CvPlayer::changeCiv and CvGame::addPlayerNoTurn

15. a4phantom

a4phantom Perma-newbie

Ok, so when I get my replacement DVD drive from Dell I have Civ4 and BTS ready to install.
    Then,
    1. I use the updater to get it to BtS 3.13
    2. Then I . . .?

16. Guitarkalle

Guitarkalle Warlord

Is there any thoughts on fixing the Random Events causes out of sync in multiplayer-bug?

I guess this is happening due to the random generator. Is there no way to ensure that all peers have the same seed? Or that the server transmits the random number generated for random events, thus ensureing that all get the same?

17. Duuk

Duuk Doom-Sayer Supporter

the sync bug in MP usually is the result of cache issues. (and has nothing to do with the unofficial patch, but 3.13's flawed install process)

do a complete uninstall.
    delete the Civ4 directory (AND the one in My Documents\My Games)
    do a complete reinstall

No more sync issues. I play a ton of MP, and this is the best solution I found.

18. grumbler

grumbler Prince

... then you either download the unofficial patch from the first post of this thread or look at my signature below. ;)

19. Wolfshanze

Wolfshanze CFC Historian

Does anybody have a link to the PREVIOUS version of this patch... the one just prior to the May release?

20. Guitarkalle

Guitarkalle Warlord

Do you play with random events on?