Unofficial Civ IV Expansion Announced:

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you are going to be putting in Twigbreaking.... then you can't escape the need for the Opposable Thumbs tech.... personally, I suggest that no civ starts with that and all civs have to research it first.... before they can build a city..... it should take about 380,000,000 turns to research.

Did it have Poland in it, or did it add a third German leader?

This made me suspicious, what with all the Poland-wasn't-in-Civ-OMG posts...

How come I’m still fighting Longbows with Modern Armor on Settler?

This pretty much convinced me...

Fire. Required to research Hunting and Mysticism. All civs start with Fire along with their usual starting techs.

Okay, this was too obvious (or apparently not!)

Parking Warden. +5 :commerce: +1 :mad: ( :gripe: )

But this was the best one!! :goodjob:

:lol: :lol: :lol: Nicely played. :lol: :lol: :lol:

(or maybe I just need more sleep :p)

Wonder: Great Camp Fire

Prerequisities: Fire.
Cost: 50 hammers. 50% with Forest.
+1 culture. +1 Great Prophet Birth Rate.
Obsolete with Mysticism.

Triggers Great Camp Fire Global Elections: If you have established contact with every civ in the game, you may be elected Lord of the Fire and win Diplomatic Victory.

I've played the beta version and am amazed by the new units!

Mounted Warrior on a Warrior
Cost: 20 :hammers:
Obsolete with The Wheel

Discoverer of Fire
Prerequisite: Fire
Cost: 1 :hammers:
Comes with Burns Self promotion, destroys unit one turn after it is made
Obsolete with Fire

Civfanatic
Prerequisite: Computers, must have built The Internet
Cost: Free, but you'll wish it wasn't
Comes with the following promotions: Canada Forever! Where's Poland? Flame War Veteran and Expert Troll
Can't be seen by enemy units

Oh, and may I suggest the following new leaders:

Mark Anthony and Romulus Augustulus of the Romans.
Constantine XI of the Byzantines.
Carlos II of Spain.
Atahualpa of the Incas.
Charles XII of the Vikings.
Harold Godwinson of the English.
Louis XVI of the French.
Nikolai II of the Russians.
Hitler of the Germans.

and of course Monty and Napoleon.....oh wait they're in already.

Tech: Square wheel

Cost 60 :science:
Can build Square wheel chariot.
Prereq. tech for Wheel.

Unit: Square wheel chariot

Prereq.: Square wheel.
Cost 30 :gold:
Strength 4 :strength:
Movement 0 :move:

Moderator Action: No. This is not going to be threadjacked on the subject of Poland. Don't even think about it. If you wish to discuss Poland, do it elsewhere, but not here.

Poland posts removed.

Rofl that's why your my fav mod methos! :lol:

50_dollar_bag gets my vote for post of the day

KmadCandy is on to something with Gppl popping from huts. Conan the Barbarian, the Geico Caveman, Chewbaca. Settling gives -2:culture: and +50% from pillaging. Use Conan to gain automatic control over any infiltrated barb city.

And I have to say, the new Call to Power style space layer is great. You actually have the ability to launch your cities into space, with only a 99.9% chance of their rockets failing and them plunging back down and creating mass devastation and a slight amount of :mad: "You blew up our capital!"

Most of it is funny.

However, am I the only one fed up of the same "french jokes" over and over again?
Could you be more unoriginal?
This was 2003. Freedom fries and all this anti-french shiite. Get it over with! It's 2007 and the French were right to warn Americans. They predicted the catastrophe that is now Irak. USA should have listened to its less-powerful-though-more-experienced ally.

Oh and why would you pick on France instead of any other civ?
Surely you wouldn't have chosen an african, native american or asian civ, you would have been accused of being racist.
It's okay to be anti-french, but you sure as hel can't treat all other civilizations or nation this way. French is a nation many people can spit on without any fear of being called racist...

BTW I'm French canadian.

Most of it is funny.

However, am I the only one fed up of the same "french jokes" over and over again?
This was 2003. Freedom fries and all this anti-french shiite. Get it over with! It's 2007 and the French were right to warn Americans. USA should have listened to its more-experienced, though less ally.

Oh and why would you pick on France instead of any other civ?.

Jealousy.....

Or shame.... it must be shameful to call gutless the very people that secured your initial liberty and gave you an independent country.

A French friend said it best at the time....
My Legendary French Friend said:
"Freedom Fries"?
"Freedom Mustard"?
Just call my country "Freedom Land"! ;)

Most of it is funny.However, am I the only one fed up of the same "french jokes" over and over again?
This was 2003. Freedom fries and all this anti-french shiite. Get it over with! It's 2007 and the French were right to warn Americans. They predicted the catastrophe that is now Irak. USA should have listened to its less-powerful-though-more-experienced ally.

Dood. *Everybody* predicted that Iraq was going to be a mess, apart from Dubya and his loyal poodle Blair. That's not anything remarkable.

Oh and why would you pick on France instead of any other civ?
Surely you wouldn't have chosen an african, native american or asian civ, you would have been accused of being racist.
It's okay to be anti-french, but you sure as hel can't treat all other civilizations or nation this way. French is a nation many people can spit on without any fear of being called racist...

That's what France gets for surrendering.

BTW I'm French canadian.

Quebecian! You're the reason all Canadian videogames have to come with French manuals, increasing their bulk and wasting trees! Dieeeee! *chases with a sharpened spoon*

Doesn't the Bush-joke sort of balance it out though?

There's so much nationalistic drivel and nation bashing on this site.... it goes to show you just how far we have to go as a species! Piteous really.:sad:

Jealousy.....

Or shame.... it must be shameful to call gutless the very people that secured your initial liberty and gave you an independent country.

... and then threw their own liberty away in order to sell their souls to a certain diminutive Corsican who *still* lost. Twice.

Why is there no terrorist unit in CIV...?
There is Privateers, so...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom