UnOfficial Expansion: Rise and Fall of Empires, Alpha Release Soon

Discussion in 'Civ5 - Creation & Customization' started by Genghis.Khan, Nov 26, 2012.

1. Genghis.Khan

Genghis.Khan Person

2. Gorhaax

Gorhaax Warlord

Yes I followed the instructions, but the mod didn't activate properly, just the folder was created.

3. Genghis.Khan

Genghis.Khan Person

4. Genghis.Khan

Genghis.Khan Person

Colonies will be released Soon. Most of code is already done, only game text is missing.

It is now a new system it's just a new improvement which grants you new territory and resources + 3 gold and 2 production but causes 1 unhappiness. It can only be created by the Colonist Unit (which dies after creating the improvement) and outside your borders

5. Gorhaax

Gorhaax Warlord

The download changelog states that the current version is 1.4, but when I download i'm only getting 1.3 and still having the same problem with a blank folder being created.

6. Genghis.Khan

Genghis.Khan Person

In this post there is the zipped version of this mod. Hope it creates no errors this way.

Anyway, just noticed that it is a 22MB file (zipped into a 700kb one)

Attached Files:

7. Genghis.Khan

Genghis.Khan Person

8. Sir Shfvingle

Sir Shfvingle Chieftain

Nice. That makes it a little more convenient. Though, will you be updating the Steam mod the same day you release new versions?

9. Genghis.Khan

Genghis.Khan Person

10. Genghis.Khan

Genghis.Khan Person

11. Genghis.Khan

Genghis.Khan Person

12. Gorhaax

Gorhaax Warlord

I can't seem to find the GameDefine.sql file in order to change back to 1UPT.

13. Genghis.Khan

Genghis.Khan Person

14. Sir Shfvingle

Sir Shfvingle Chieftain

How's it coming along?

15. Genghis.Khan

Genghis.Khan Person

16. Acoustic

Acoustic Warlord

I understand that there are mod mods that include:

gameplay enhanced/AI

Colonies

What about all of the other stuff that says that it is "implemented" like cultural diffusion and revolutions?

17. Genghis.Khan

Genghis.Khan Person

They are part of another Mods by another Modders. All I have done is compatibility so they can be played in a single mod (and mostly they can, the max. I had to do was to merge TopPanel.lua files)

18. Acoustic

Acoustic Warlord

So, are those mods included or gonna be included in the alpha release? Or do we dl those separately?

Also, I see lots of talk about historical accuracy/realism. Might we see something similar to Rhyes and Fall where certain civilizations spawn in later? This mod honestly reminds me a lot of that?

19. Acoustic

Acoustic Warlord

20. lp_04

lp_04 Prince

Hi there.
    I got a beautyfull surprise when I came back to the civ world and found this mod in development. I haven't played civV in a few months because I need the historical component of RFC. But now there is RFE!!!!

First of all, I have some ideas you can use (or not, as you wish):
    -» School of Sagres is an interesting thing (I am portuguese, so I'm proud you have chosen it), but I think it could be changed. Make Tower of Belém as it is a bit more famous.
    -» NBA wonder?? Well, I don't consider it a good thing to put. Is too specific. Like putting FIFA and any organization... I would prefer to see some convencional wonders like Empire State Building, La Sagrada Famili, Broadway, Sacré-Coeur, Basilica di Sant Maria, Metéora or Potala.
    -» You could add The Modern Olimpic Games as a national wonder in the modern era (or use a modern era boost, it is also good)
    -» Add 2-4 more policy branches. It would be really good. You can add things related to EMPIRE (as you are going to put WARRIOR STATE) for instance.
    -» 3 uniques are a really good idea! Do not consider to add x buildings and y units. Just put them as they fit in civs.
    -» Add 2 or 3 resources like coffe, for instance..

Now to the more complex ideas:
    -» Add a new concept: Historical World Scenario (similar to RFC), you will certainly win the firt place in "historical scenarios of civV"...
    -» Add corporations to work in a way simillar to religion (or not)
    -» Add diplomatic uniques to work just as spies (outside the map)

-» Abou the civilizations, I have some other ideas but these ones are also good. I can work portugal for you.

If you like, I can design something fot the mod (I can not work in any other thing). I could also create an entire board game to be released together with the mod.

Thank's again for the project ;)