Unpredictable Health Bars

analyst

Chieftain
Firstly, you have to have unit health bars enabled to see this (obviously).

I find that when attacking the enemy, I can tell immediately who won the battle - because the health bars are set to their post-battle values as soon as the attack begins.

Although this makes fighting have a bit less suspense, I accept it as a feature. However, you don't always get the health bars during a battle. Sometimes only yours will show up, sometimes only the enemies'.

This is especially apparent when one of the units has to move in order to do battle. At times, the health bar is left behind, where the unit was at the beginning of the animation, and sometimes it doesn't appear at all.

Basically, I just want some consistency, please :)

So is my machine just wacky, or have other people noticed this?

I'm having the problems with the health bars as well. Green full strength Musketman versus an Archer. Begin attack and right away see the bar go black before it even reached the city and start its attack. Another different attack later, it went from green to red right away.

Shouldn't a musketman do a better job on an archer ? It keeps losing. Seems like the warrior destroying battleship all over again ?

Where did the random seed go ? I keep reloading the save game in order to see if a different result will happen in combat. It never does anymore. Is there an option somewhere ?

Thanks.

Top Bottom