1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[GS] Updating and reworking Vanilla and RnF Civ

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by acluewithout, Feb 6, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alexadamz

Alexadamz Chieftain

Persia advanced roads could mean free railroad after getting modern roads, the last one, no? It would be really good.

2. Eagle Pursuit

Eagle Pursuit Scir-Gerefa

Railroads aren't an automatic upgrade. They have to be laid manually with Military Engineers with a strategic resource cost. So Persia probably won't be getting them for free.

3. Al Bundy

Al Bundy Chieftain

Looks promising. It would interesting to know how efficiency would be calculated.

4. Alexadamz

Alexadamz Chieftain

I know, but they could. Would be a little update to Persia, without much in game change.

5. SammyKhalifa

SammyKhalifa Warlord

I'd think that if there were a civ with railroad buff, it would be Russia or US or Canada (though that might just be my USA! USA! bias showing through).

6. Vandlys

Vandlys Chieftain

Don't railroads cause a tiny bit of CO2 emission? Your idea would mean that as Persia you could never decide on your CO2 output... Seems illogical to me.

Alexadamz likes this.
  7. Alexadamz

Alexadamz Chieftain

True. We need to know how much of CO2 a railroad emits. It could be countered by the Carbon recapture Project, and anyway you will emit CO2 if you want power, as it comes mostly from powerplants and even the nuclear one emits a little bit - depending only on solar and wind farms is no feasible in game, I think. We need to wait the full release to see how that goes anyway.

8. SammyKhalifa

SammyKhalifa Warlord

I can't imagine it's that much for one hex of a RR.

9. Vandlys

Vandlys Chieftain

For me it wouldn't be about that though (and naturally it would be vastly more than one hex, considering all the trade routes to and fro). It's about losing control of a decision. Me no likey.

SammyKhalifa likes this.
  10. Eagle Pursuit

Eagle Pursuit Scir-Gerefa

Marbozir says that the Venetian Arsenal is way more useful with regards to the new strategic resource system. Which means you can produce twice the units with the same amount of resources. Scythia's bonus to light cav and Saka Horse Archers probably works the same way.

nzcamel, kryat, Vandlys and 1 other person like this.
  11. bbbt

bbbt Warlord

I may be wrong but I thought it was the building of them that caused co2 output, not the actual railroads.

Vandlys and acluewithout like this.
  12. Vandlys

Vandlys Chieftain

That would be a great workaround for a civ getting railroads automatically then. Still, wouldn't we want a country that uses railroads most per capita? Like Switzerland or Denmark?

13. Sotof

Sotof Chieftain

If Denmark is ever included they should probably be high medieval focused (Margaret I), thus no railroad bonus. In my opinion anyhow.

14. Vandlys

Vandlys Chieftain

I get you, but the argument was about Persia, and surely if Persia could get such a bonus even though they are depicted as entirely classical, Denmark would work too : )

That said, The Netherlands is also divided between eras (Wilhelmina and her UU are off by a couple of centuries), so I don't see why a medieval focus Denmark couldn't have a railroad bonus too : )

15. IvoryPavane

IvoryPavane Chieftain

I mean... does Persia need any more bonuses? It’s a very solid Civ as is.

If they only had limited Dev time to relook at the older Civs, I’d personally rather they spent it giving a bit of support to less solid Civs (Norway, Georgia etc).

Or, give everyone a second look, then absolutely!

Edit: That wasn’t directed at you btw! :). Just your quote captured the spirit of the debate nicely

Vandlys likes this.
  16. Vandlys

Vandlys Chieftain

Nah, I agree. Persia doesn't need any more bonuses I think. Norway and Georgia definitely could use a buff, and while I think The Netherlands is quite strong, I would like them changed too. Notice I said changed, not buffed. GS seems perfect for them, since The Netherlands is all about living below sea level. It's completely nuts that the sea can reclaim land, and the Dutch don't get that bonus in this expansion. I mean, it's what the whole country is about!

17. IvoryPavane

IvoryPavane Chieftain

Agreed. I want a city that is just one city centre and then 30 polders.

Also I think radio oranje could use another look, especially with thirsty Eleanor shopping her arts and crafts round in an effort to flip cities

Deggial, Kmart_Elvis and Vandlys like this.
  18. Ashandalar

Ashandalar Chieftain

From @B0RDERL1NE (Carl) in the Game Mechanic's Twitch chat:

He later clarified that this is in addition to all current Divine Wind bonuses.

19. IvoryPavane

IvoryPavane Chieftain

With an ability called Divine Wind too, that all lined up very nicely haha

nzcamel likes this.
  20. acluewithout

acluewithout Warlord

I’ll update with links to Gisker’s screenshots later this week. But so far, I’m very underwhelmed by how existing Civs have been buffed.

Georgia’s buff is particularly underwhelming. Well, I like the buff to the Tsike, but Tamar needs a more general buff for walls otherwise she’ll never get to her unique wall.

I’m stumped Netherlands have not been buffed, and that Polders are unchanged. Netherlands also still dint have enough incentive to build Harbours.

Egypt’s change is good but very predictable. And they, like France, needed buffs to their UIs.

I keep going backwards and forwards on whether Norway or England need buffs. Currently, I think Norway should get +50% production for Naval and Land Melee in Coastal Cities, and I think maybe England should get +25% bulding or purchasing Naval Units or land Melee in Cities with a RND that aren’t on her home continent (which would help with building Redcoats and competing with Phoenica).

At some point, I’m going to try putting together a light touch balance mod, because it seems to me there are just a bunch of little tweaks that just need to get made.

...Still can’t believe Cree don’t get a free starting recon unit and that Persia don’t get any buffs related to Governors (either a free title or additional loyalty).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.