Upgrades Keep Unique Abilities

Upgrades Keep Unique Abilities 1.08

Sailor Cat

Chieftain
Sailor Cat submitted a new resource:

Upgrades Keep Unique Abilities - Upgrading a unique unit will pass on its unique abilities

Don't Wait! Get Your Upgrade Today!
Similar to Civ V, upgrading a unique unit will pass on its unique abilities. Subsequent upgrades to the same unit will continue to pass on these abilities.

This includes unique abilities such as great general points from kills or starting with a free promotion, charges to build unique improvements, increases to base values (such as movement, strength, or sight), and well, almost everything.

Examples:
  • If you train a crossbowman it won't...

Read more about this resource...

Probably. Most of the mod is automated. There are just a few outliers that need addressing here and there.

Hey been using this and a few things have popped up:

The big one is loading time increases - big increase, the "loading, please wait" bit is normally <1s long, it's now 15s or so. However I'm assuming this is just..something that has to be, due to the way the game scripts ? I dunno, out of my realm of knowledge lol, but thought I'd let you know. If it's something that has to happen, would be a good idea to put in the description to let people know, as it's not a deal breaker by any measure, but it might make people wonder if something is wrong. (For instance, I do restarts a lot to find a good start, so now I know it's this script I delete it until I find my good start, then put it back for the reload)

Second thing is, it's not checking units to pass on upgrades, it's checking known upgrades to pass on. For instance, Nau builds, if you've used both charges and the free upgrade, you re-get them, so the script isn't checking the unit, it's checking what the base unit's capabilities is. Now, this is advantageous and I love it, having 2 extra Nau builds is awesome, and I want to keep this feature for myself, but thought you might wanna know. Again though I wonder if the way Civ works, if checking a current unit and then scripting from that is even possible, or if your method is simply the only method the game will allow.

Anywho ya apart from that I love it. Nau charges for daaaaaaaaaays!

Oh, it turns out the version on here is pretty out of date. The loading thing was a very real issue and solved what I think was the next patch. I'll see about uploading that sometime tomorrow. Sorry about that.

I'm aware of the thing with charges, and it isn't something that I can fix (if it can be fixed), but I appreciate your reporting it anyway.

Oh awesome, cheers mate. And no biggie about the charges thing, definitely something I prefer existing anyway!

EDIT3: OK finally got it in a new game and to ironclads - it works, but load times are still hella long (30-45s in late game). Feels like load times are longer later in the game.

Last edited:
Top Bottom