US city name troll?

Victoria

Regina
Supporter
I was looking through the xml's and noticed at the bottom of the US city names was a name I had not come across... Centralia... Now does Firaxis consider Centralia one of the best goddamn cities in the U S of A?
Wiki says it has a population of 3 who will have to give up their houses to the government on death as the whole area is condemned..... I did laugh and it has made me more appreciative of life ... not the best advertisement for the wonders of the US.... Or maybe there is another larger Centralia Google is missing?

<Row CivilizationType="CIVILIZATION_AMERICA" CityName="LOC_CITY_NAME_CENTRALIA"/>

It's been a joke in a couple of past entries

maybe my search results are skewed because i am searching from washington, but do you mean centralia washington? i don't think i've ever been there, but have surely zipped passed it on I-5 going to or from seattle/portland. don't know what you mean by condemned?

There are Centralias in several states. None are even remotely large though. Perhaps they picked it for being such a generically American city name, like Springfield.

Sorry, off topic for a minute:
@bite do we really have to put up with this friggin 2 minutes before your next post for the rest of our lives?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Centralia,_Pennsylvania
Spammers have been hitting the site very hard for the past week or so. We have implemented that change to slow them down so we can keep the site as spam free as possible. Apologies for any inconvenience.
Back to topic.

Last edited:
There are Centralias in several states. None are even remotely large though. Perhaps they picked it for being such a generically American city name, like Springfield.
Or Middletown "I chose 'Middletown' because there is a Middletown in almost every state in the US."

It's funny you say this because the whole reason the town was evacuated is that they live on top of the real life Springfield tire fire.

It's funny you say this because the whole reason the town was evacuated is that they live on top of the real life Springfield tire fire.

Yup. It's the worst coal mine fire in the US, but there are tons of them all over. The biggest one is in Australia, and is thought to have been started by natural causes. My family has a ranch in Colorado, and there is a small coal mine fire burning inside a hill just over the property line. Snow never settles on top, and you can see water evaporating off it after rain. My brother climbed on top and says it smells like hot tar.

Top Bottom