• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

US vs Portugal

Originally posted by Civman10
the goals for the us were caused by bad defending and when you are 3-0 down, its hard for any team to come back even Portugal.

and the goals by Portugal were despite good defense on the part of the US.???? The first was on an awful excuse for a clear, the second was one of the more powerful kicks for an own goal I've ever seen...

Originally posted by willemvanoranje
leading 3-0 :goodjob:, too bad those two goals against....John O'Brien the bomb!

is O'Brien a good player for Ajax? a starter?

The USA own goal reminds me of my own goal when I played left back for Milltimber Primary School...lovely cross, and an excellent finish, shame it was for the wrong side :o

The own goal one was bad luck. If you would have saw behind the play a little you would have saw a team member of Portugal ready to get an easy goal. He did the right thing in trying to kick it over the net and out of bounds though it didn't work like that.

Oh well I am still happy anyway with my US team. One more win and their in the second round! (Yeah I caculated it :p Wasn't that hard though to do if you think about it)

oh man, was I jumping up and down in my dorm room when the US scored their goals, I could hardly believe it! Man I am glad I woke up at 2am to watch it. Now let's beat the Koreans and the Polacks to win the group! Go USA!

Yes, O'Brien is a good player, and a starter. (Most of the time)
He already won the title and the Amstel Cup with Ajax, maybe one more..............:D :D :D :D :D

Portugal deserved to lose in the end because they didn't play anywhere near as welll as they should have played :(

Portugal deserved to lose in the end because they didn't play anywhere near as welll as they should have played

Would you like some cheese with your whine? SORRY ABOUT YOUR LUCK! GO USA!

Great job guys! Korea is going to tough at home, but I think we will take'em!

:goodjob:

Originally posted by fentito
One more win and their in the second round! (Yeah I caculated it :p Wasn't that hard though to do if you think about it)

What if the following plausible events happen:
Korea beats US by 1
Portugal Beats Poland by 2
US beats Poland by 1
Portugal Beats Korea by 1

Then the standings would be
Korea 2-1-0 Goal Differential +2
Portugal 2-1-0 Goal Differential +2
US 2-1-0 Goal differential +1
Poland 0-3-0

Isn't the first tie-breaker goal differential? In this case wouldn't Portugal and Korea go to round 2?

I think for this world cup it goes like this: Points -> Goal difference -> Goals scored -> Result between the two teams -> alphabetical order ;)

Top Bottom