Using "J" key for stack movement locks up game!

Nemo

Warlord
Is anyone else having this problem? about 1/3 times when I use "J" key to move all of the same unit, a few units will go, but then my game will lock up. I have to hit ctrl+shift+esc and 'end task' on civIII. This is a nice feature, but quite annoying bug!

my specs:
512MB ram
NVidia driver 21.81 (GeForce 2 GTS)
PII 450
win2k SP2
SB Live!
Clean Install of CivIII with patch 1.17f

thanks

I have encountered an issue with the Move Stack to command myself. My issue occured when I moved a stack of MInfantry out of a square that contained my Modern Armour and an Army with MInfantry in it. What happened was it stripped my MI out of the Army and moved them. This is where I had some crazy interface issue. It was very close to a lock up, but I was able to get the game back again. However the very next turn I had a crash to desktop. I go back to the game the next night load up my auto save and away I go. I go through all my units and stacks seeing what has happened. This is where I noticed that I had an Army without any units in it ( where there was once 3 MI ) and all mi MI in another square. I thought this was strange, but then as soon as "something" was selected in that original square I crashed to desktop again.

Any chance you had an Army in that group that contained a unit type that you were using the stack move command on?

Hopefully this issue will be resolved quickly as that stack move is a GREAT command.

yes, i think i had an army in the stack two of the times, but the 3rd time the army was not there. however, i did not get my army stripped like you did, or at least if i did, i never noticed since i just loaded my auto save, and never got passed the point where it crashed, unless i didnt use teh 'j' command.

Top Bottom