• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

USS California CGN

Yamato Class. Yamamoto was the supreme naval commander's name. It's an easy mistake.

I would like to see a yamato class of the caliber that's coming out now too. I'm sure someday somebody will do it, probably vingrjoe or wyrmshadow.

DrivebyMaster, stats should maybe be a little lower than the Aegis cruiser. I have my own idea of stats for my game, but one may not agree with them, so, it's ultimately what you want them to be.

jzsf, I do not plan on making it bigger. Any WW2 or modern naval units I do will be in scale with each other, unless I do a ship (ex: landing craft) that would be too tiny if it were in scale.

I would like to do the Yamato, but I would have to make the model for that, which I would like to try. I bought a 1/700 scale Russian Kirov Battlecruiser model kit that I'm going to use as a basis to create one for this game, but that will probably be a long project. I'm going to finish my Revised Iowa class without Civ colors for a UU. On top of everything, I'm incapable of cranking out units at the speed that some of the other guys & gals here make. I have a wife whom I have to allot time for and an infant son I take care of when my wife works. Which means I don't have alot of computer time, in effect, I need to spend it wisely. But thanks to all for the support.

Originally posted by vingrjoe
I bought a 1/700 scale Russian Kirov Battlecruiser model kit that I'm going to use as a basis to create one for this game, but that will probably be a long project. I'm going to finish my Revised Iowa class without Civ colors for a UU. On top of everything, I'm incapable of cranking out units at the speed that some of the other guys & gals here make. I have a wife whom I have to allot time for and an infant son I take care of when my wife works. Which means I don't have alot of computer time, in effect, I need to spend it wisely. But thanks to all for the support.

You are crazy, and i like that :D

Do you mean we can get a ship series of yours to replace all the original ships?

"...Do you mean we can get a ship series of yours to replace all the original ships?..."

Um, I like that idea, but I'm not making any promises.

Somebody should take all of your ships (and the other very well done ships) and create an awesome naval combat mod. :D

vingrjoe, nice cruiser!
the south carolina is another cgn closely related to the california, if not the same class. in 1995 i was on a ohp class frigate,ffg-22, we were in a line of navy ships in the atlantic, with the south carolina behind us; everyone was going through a missile exercise, trying to hit a target towed behind a radio controlled plane; my ship launched a standard missile that soon lost track of its guidance signal and damn near nailed the south carolina broadside. the missile fell into the water just short of hitting the cruiser. would've made a nice thud and dent(dummy warhead), maybe hit someone standing in the wrong place at the wrong time, probably would have pssed off the s carolina's captain and maybe embarrased my captain. those CGN's always remind me of that day.

Top Bottom