Resource icon

Utility: TechCalc 2.01

@Grey Fox: Great Utility! :goodjob: :goodjob:

Is there a way to know the "survival" percentage of an attacking unit?

For example, a Horseman could attack a Spearman, lose the battle, BUT survive to "fight another day"! ;)

Strange error: can't load file c3c.txt "text\c3c.txt contains an invalid path"

Is there a particular directory this must be in?

PF

planetfall said:
Strange error: can't load file c3c.txt "text\c3c.txt contains an invalid path"

Is there a particular directory this must be in?

PF

IIRC, there is a text file that is in the zip with the .exe. Both have to be unzipped to the same folder so that the tech calc knows where to find the text file. ;)

Solved it but it is the other way around. The txt files have to be in a subfolder named "text" of the directory you installed techcalc.

PF

C3Cv1.22, Tiny, Chieftain, Civs with Tech=0, Civs Left=4
Researching Atomic Theory at 100% (Producing 560 Non-corrupt Beakers/turn)

TechCalc 2.01 says Cost is 1600 Beakers
My Game says its gonna take 6 turns, which would put the cost between 2801 & 3360!?

What am I missing here? :blush:

P.s. Is there a List somewhere else, showing the Cost to research Techs?

EMan said:
C3Cv1.22, Tiny, Chieftain, Civs with Tech=0, Civs Left=4
Researching Atomic Theory at 100% (Producing 560 Non-corrupt Beakers/turn)

TechCalc 2.01 says Cost is 1600 Beakers
My Game says its gonna take 6 turns, which would put the cost between 3360 & 3528!?

What am I missing here? :blush:

P.s. Is there a List somewhere else, showing the Cost to research Techs?
I just worked it out by hand based on the information you gave and I make it 1600gpt as well. Are you sure you're right about Tiny/Chieftain?

Yeah, it's Chieftain all right.

The Domination Limit is 610. (From CRpMapStat & MapFinder filename.)

I'm pretty sure the Map is Tiny (60% Water).....Would that make any difference? It's as though it's calculating for a Large Map! (My revised Beaker Count Range is 2801-3360.)

EMan said:
Yeah, it's Chieftain all right.

The Domination Limit is 610. (From CRpMapStat & MapFinder filename.)

I'm pretty sure the Map is Tiny (60% Water).....Would that make any difference? It's as though it's calculating for a Large Map! (My revised Beaker Count Range is 2801-3360.)
Is this a standard game, or created as a scenario? It's possible to accidentally get the tech cost of a different map size when creating a game via the editor. If you post a .sav I'll take a look and see what the mapsize modifier and the difficulty modifiers are.

Thanks Dianthus, I've attached:

Current F1 Screen

Start-game file
Current-game-position file

It was generated by MapFinder......Standard game.....actually an HOF attempt! :)

OK, looks like I made a mistake by hand, and I'm guessing it's the same one that GreyFox made in TechCalc. I made it 1600gpt when I was using CF=20 (as per mydisease's formula). CF is actually capped to 10 though, so it should really be 3200gpt. Just do a mental x2 for Chieftain and x1.2 for Warlord, other difficulties should be OK.

3200gpt....that would make more sense.

Thanks for taking the time to figure it out Dianthus. :goodjob: :goodjob:

P.s. I've noted mydisease's thread address, for future reference! ;)

So for trade purposes am I right in my thinking with this example? Lets say you have Ceramonial Burial and you trade for the Wheel. You would then need to give two extra GPT for that tech. I hope I am right in my thinking.

Well it depends on the game settings. The formula uses cost factor, which is level dependant and map size and some lessor things such as known by x civs.

So if at std map on emperor the Wheel was 60 beakers and CB was 30, you should get the difference in gold.

Very impressive calculator, but could you tell me how I find out what the base tech cost for a particular tech is? It's not in the manual and I can't find it online. I'm sure it must be somewhere.I'd really appreciate it.

kapitaine said:
Very impressive calculator, but could you tell me how I find out what the base tech cost for a particular tech is? It's not in the manual and I can't find it online. I'm sure it must be somewhere.I'd really appreciate it.
Base cost? It depends on what do you mean by base cost, but its probably the one from in the editor (under 'civilization advances').

Top Bottom