UU is Invisible ingame

massacresIV

Chieftain
Hi everyone, so I recently started undertaking a mod project and I'm currently in the midst of finishing up my first Civilization in the mod collection.

For testing purposes I have tried to add a unit from Deliverator's MOAR Units mod and I seem to be having a few issues. I've gone over the Asset Buddy and Art Def guides a few times now but I'm clearly missing something somewhere.

My Unique Unit loads in game but the main Asset (Mesh) isn't loading in or is invisible, probably the former.

Spoiler Unit In-game :

If anyone could give me an idea where to go from here or knows a solution it would be much appreciated if you could help me a bit. Thanks everyone who took time to have a look!

Would Be Better to have a Look at your complete modbuddy project to help you, otherwise it Would Be very difficult to help you , so if you Want, Then Upload your modbuddy project And Post it here or Send it to me via pm, Then we will try to help you

Thanks for the response lasttry, hopefully it's attached below properly. To be honest as far as unit is concerned I'm not really sure how I even got it as far as I did, kinda

Attachments

• The Witcher Civilizations.zip
    704 KB · Views: 56
it was attached properly. ok so you have several problems here :

1.Units.artdef is currently not set to ArtDef in ModBuddy
2.XLP file is not set to XLP in ModBuddy
3. you have currently no Unit_Bins.artdef, which is necessary if you want to add custom 3d Art for Units. so please take a look at my screenshot, this is what you Need to create in this new Unit_Bins.artdef , screenshot is attached.

Unit_Bins.artef.png

then you Need to reference this new artdef file to your mod.art.xml, like this :
Code:
<consumerName text="Units"/>
            <relativeArtDefPaths>
                <Element text="Units.artdef" />
                <Element text="Unit_Bins.artdef" />
            </relativeArtDefPaths>

4. in this Unit_Bins.artdef , after you have created it in Asset Editor, then you Need to specify i recommend via Notepad++, under XLP Path your xlp file, so in your case : Trebuchet.xlp AND your BLP package, which you want to be cooked when ModBuddy builds out the mod. you can choose any Name but Keep in mind that ist the same Name you will reference later in your modart.xml

5. you Need to reference also your blp file which modbuddy will create in your modart.xml , remember it have to be the same Name as you have Chosen in your Unit_Bins.artdef
so lets say you call it Custom/Units.blp, then you Need to reference it like this in modart.xml :

Code:
<Element>
            <libraryName text="Unit"/>
            <relativePackagePaths>
                <Element text="Custom/Units.blp"/>
            </relativePackagePaths>
        </Element>

dont Forget to set Unit_Bins.artdef to ArtDef, as you should do also for Units.artdef

lasttry you have officially made my day! Thank you so much for your help with this, I would've been stuck on this forever without you.

Top Bottom