[UXP] World of Legends: Heroes, Guilds, and More!

Its sad when modders leave. I'am not playing as much as I used too. I do check in from time to time. If you have a copy of your sdk files that you made this mod with can you upload them for the Community to use please? Thankyou for what you have added to the Community and good luck in all that you do.

Its sad when modders leave. Time flies though. I remember it like yesterday that you posted your concept thread for what became this mod in the main civ4 creation and customization board.

I stopped modding Civ3 for similiar reasons, but I still consider myself part of that community.

Anyways thought I'd say something cybrxkhan, I really enjoyed your work on the custom civilizations.

Its sad when modders leave. I'am not playing as much as I used too. I do check in from time to time. If you have a copy of your sdk files that you made this mod with can you upload them for the Community to use please? Thankyou for what you have added to the Community and good luck in all that you do.

Thanks for the kind words, guys. What is a little sadder for me is that I was planning a somewhat ambitious fantasy-esque (well, it was... hodgepodgy in a pulp fiction kind of way) mod, which was sort of RTS-like in the sense that each civilization would have a unique playing style, complete with different units, buildings, abilities, and so on (my favorite were the Mongol elves who relied on espionage and invisible but cheap and crappy units and the ultra-modern East Asian-inspired Empire that had powerful modern abilities and units (like nukes and mecha robots) that came at a super-expensive price). Even now I feel tempted to try to return to at least that project, especially after all the new amazing stuff everyone here has made - it would just seem way too fun. However, I realize that even that is unrealistic - too much work that I simply don't want to or won't be able to do.

I guess when I was watching earlier generations of modders leave and fade, I never realized that it would eventually be my turn. The Civ4 modding community is pretty much 7-8 years old, already. A lot of guys a hell more talented than me have left (though a good number remain). Time really flies.

Anyhow, thanks again for the kind words. It makes me a little happy that people still had good use for my work, and may still.

Also, roamty, WoL didn't really use a unique sdk file - I just used someone's 40 civ dll, so the entire sdk file was optional. WoL was just a python and XML mod for the most part. However, if you still want that sdk file, you can still download it off the WoL file in the downloads section, or, if you prefer, I can post it here.

Top Bottom