v1.983 - v1.483 - v1.183

The Incans were a monarchy very shortly after they had their empire, and right now it's impossible to get it until well after 1350. Also, as wikipedia points out:

The Incas had no iron or steel, but they had developed an alloy of bronze superior to that of their enemies and contemporary Mesoamericans. The Andean nations prior to the Incas used arsenical bronze at best. The Incas introduced to South America the tin / copper alloy which is today commonly associated with "Bronze Age" metallurgy.[9];

They really should start with bronze working and monarchy.

However, they should not have monotheism or theology since they were polytheists.

WOW
This update has really surprised me positively.
I have reloaded a few games as America and tried out the Mongols too.
In my latest Mongol game I tried (3000Bc unlocked) I saw the weirdest thing ever.
Japan had been totally obliterated!
Only thing on the home island of the Japanese were three city ruins and three barbarian swordsmen :eek:
I can't take any screenshots with my computer but believe me it did happen.
I retired and checked out the history of the world.
Turns out the Japanese were wiped out by a massive barbarian uprise in 210 BC :lol:

Ive seen that before with Mongolia (irony?)

I think what usually happens is China collapses from barbarians, causing Japan to expand aggressively onto the mainland, which kills their stability, so they only need to lose one or two cities to collapse themselves.

I've noticed that the Greek AI has been much more active in settling cities. In my current game, I've seen Greece control Asalathos, Athenai, Knossos, Byzantion, and ruins where Tyras and Olbia usually are.

The Incans were a monarchy very shortly after they had their empire, and right now it's impossible to get it until well after 1350. Also, as wikipedia points out:

The Incas had no iron or steel, but they had developed an alloy of bronze superior to that of their enemies and contemporary Mesoamericans. The Andean nations prior to the Incas used arsenical bronze at best. The Incas introduced to South America the tin / copper alloy which is today commonly associated with "Bronze Age" metallurgy.[9];

They really should start with bronze working and monarchy.

However, they should not have monotheism or theology since they were polytheists.

Agreed. This wouldn't make them "stronger or weaker" but more accurate. Maybe they could be given the "worlds leading tin producer" event after settling their capital?

Something I've noticed: after the Turks take Istanbul, they seem to leave the European side of the strait alone. I've yet to see a worker in any game actually leave and improve west of Istanbul. No roads, no nothing. Even when the corn pops up, no workers go to Europe. Anyone else notice this?

could it be that they "expect" the area to already be improved? (as normally is in my games) or something like that? i've noticed it myself. if it goes on too long, i just use WB to place their respective improvements. (sometimes i use WB to fix common sense errors in the AI's infrastructure)

The Turks tend to be more interested in Persia, India and North Africa than Europe in my game. Could be because these areas are usually independent by the time the Turks get going so it makes sense to take them out rather than do battle with a powerful Euro rival.

Istanbul is right on the border between Asia and Europe, as the continents are defined in the code. As I understand it, the AI is programmed to take one approach to it's "home" continent and another to "overseas" continents. Overseas continents are settled by landing troops from a ship for instance. The continent line between Europe and Asia is highly likely to be at play here. Similarly, I haven't ever seen Greece improve Asia Minor even if it does found Byzantion.

I think Rhye recently put a dynamic change to the continent line so that once Turkey spawns the Istanbul tile is actually part of Asia from this point onwards. This was because previouly the Turkey AI used to have to amphibiously land troops to the west of Constantinople and then attack the city walls.

that is wierd for sure! but you seem to have the right answer. maybe the fix is to have countries ignore these boundries that are within their own cultural border?

If it is dynamically now, why not declare the whole Asia Minor to be part of Europe after Greeks spawn (this would also help Rome) and then to revoke it and declare South -East Europe do be part of Asia after the Turks spawn ?? (In this case also Arabia would be more interested in North Africa than in Asia Minor, which prevents it from a stalemate with Byzantion)

Something different :

Hello,

I think I experienced a bug. I played as Spain with the new patch and there was no plague till 1670.

That means that the great plague of 1350 just did not happen and the plague of 1600 came pretty late.

Moreover when I triggered the Conqueror event the Aztects got no plague and the Incas got it only after a couple of turns.

I applied the solution from the Congress Thread before I started the new game.

Did this happen to anybody else ??

I hate plagues for the AI's sake.

What means the poem in your signature ? Sounds a little bit like Moscow ..

An English translation of a song of a Russian band. Check you PM for detais.

If it is dynamically now, why not declare the whole Asia Minor to be part of Europe after Greeks spawn (this would also help Rome) and then to revoke it and declare South -East Europe do be part of Asia after the Turks spawn ?? (In this case also Arabia would be more interested in North Africa than in Asia Minor, which prevents it from a stalemate with Byzantion)

That would be a problem for Arabia. They would start expanding into Europe. And ignore te rest of Asia.

That would be a problem for Arabia. They would start expanding into Europe. And ignore te rest of Asia.

Asia Minor is only what we would call Turkey today. Arabia does not, in RFC, have any of its flip zone within Asia Minor.

Top Bottom