v131.15 Beta

Trade routes are now designed to:

• Pay for roads.
  • Increase citystate yields.
  • Provide bonuses through policies and techs.
They do great at these roles. They're not intended to be a major source of income anymore. :)

Increase city-state yields? Did I miss something in one of the patch notes, or are you referring to the CS quest? I'm very excited if it's the former.:D Portioning a part of CS yields to civs with a trade route would be great for both flavor and gameplay.

Trade routes are now designed to:

• Pay for roads.
  • Increase citystate yields.
  • Provide bonuses through policies and techs.
They do great at these roles. They're not intended to be a major source of income anymore. :)

If it's not supposed to, then fine. I had been curious about CS yields. Assuming you mean completing a road quest, I assume these bonuses weren't also nerfed. Out of curiosity, are there other bonuses and techs affected by roads besides Representation and RR?

• Double weight for citystate yield distribution.
I often want to focus citystate food or culture into a newly-founded city to get it up and running quickly. Connecting the city for the double CS yield weight is very helpful in that situation.
This is from balancing citystates. The current modifiers are:

200% - City Focus
200% - Resistance (avoid starvation)
050% - :c5puppet: Puppet
000% - :c5razing: Razing
050% - Not :c5trade: connected to Capital
00X% - "Avoid Growth" button checked (0% food if less than <50% of the empire is on avoid status)

These modifiers show on the yield tooltip at the top-left of the city view, for cities receiving :c5food: or :c5culture: from citystates.

Hey, I got 2 out of 3! Does "Double weight for citystate yield distribution" mean quest-completion, or a road to any CS providing us with either Friend- or Ally-level benefits? The latter has the added benefit of cementing relations - I'm not going to want to lose a neighbor in whom I've invested infrastructure as well as gold.

Oh, that old mechanic? But I've already met her!:lol:

I still think it would be cool if a civ only got 2/3 or so of the yield without an actual trade route but I doubt it can be coded.

@Txurce, the "double weight" refers to intra-civ distribution.

I could code an inter-civ trade bonus by checking if there is an unbroken chain of roads/railroads/harbors between our civ and the other one. It would take a lot of time to write this algorithm, however, since I can't look at how Firaxis did it.

I could code an inter-civ trade bonus by checking if there is an unbroken chain of roads/railroads/harbors between our civ and the other one. It would take a lot of time to write this algorithm, however, since I can't look at how Firaxis did it.

I had a feeling you'd say that.;) It's obviously not a high priority, but it would certainly make for (even) better gameplay.

How does that differ from how Seek explained "double weight yield distribution"?

See Thal's edit on post 104. It describes intra-civ (within a civ) distribution, while Thal was describing inter-civ (between/among multiple civs) distribution in post 107.

I marvel at every human player who can grow a city that big.

Thal's earlier explanation aside, with relatively few roads, it's easier to see why trade route income would be about 7%.

Awesome, really excited to check out the new Gold buildings. :clap: (Yes, I may be a bit biased.)

Thal, I think you forgot to change the Market UBs (Satrap's Court and Bazaar) to mirror the changes though. :thumbsup:

Perhaps a rename of "trade route" would better fit their new purpose? Although I can't think of one.

Just found this while looking around for possible new names, by the way: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inca_road_system
Pach didn't do too bad on the leader poll, but patching :)lol:) on a little 5% boost to trade route :c5gold: to his UA could be cool/flavorful. (Now I get why that bonus was attached to Machu Picchu before!)

Cheers to Wobuffet for the formulation, and yes, a trade route bonus for the Inca would be a nice sop to overall game realism after the strip mining of Macchu Picchu.

Oh, weird. Satrap's Court was showing up as +1:c5gold:, +25%:c5gold: for me, but let me check again and edit this message...

edit:
I see Satrap's Court as giving +1:c5gold:, +25%:c5gold:, and +1:c5gold: on Luxury Resources. Is it supposed to give more gold than the Market? I thought the only difference was supposed to be the :c5goldenage:Golden Age points.
The Bazaar seems to be working right.

Top Bottom