1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

V24 Bugs/crashes reporting thread

Discussion in 'Bugs and Crashes' started by strategyonly, Jul 6, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BlueGenie

BlueGenie Emperor

Windows with 32-bit architecture can not use the full 4 GB of RAM, that's why it shows you 3.5BG instead of 4GB. You can install PAE to get access to that last 0.5BG or RAM but it will not make your programs use more memory, they are still stuck on what Windows has decided to give them access to, but you can run more programs as you have more RAM access.
    For 0.5GB I do not recommend doing so though as it will slow your RAM down as PAE means it needs to run a bigger table to get to that extra RAM. Best is to upgrade to a 64-bit architecture.

Cheers

2. Dancing Hoskuld

Dancing Hoskuld Deity

In my latest test game I have had a volcano, now long extinct, which changes resources. Sometimes it is obsidian, sometimes it is sulpher and sometimes it is none.

3. AIAndy

AIAndy Deity

That means the code that loads a saved queue actually adds it as a series of fake Shift-Clicks on an intermediate interface so my inverted behavior changed that into a sequence of clicks which means the items replace each other and only the last item is in the queue at the end.

I will move the inversion to the widget handling itself which should fix that.

4. Koshling

Koshling Vorlon

Not entirely accurate.

Windows CAN address the full 4G, BUT it reserves a bunch for the OS so not the entire 4G is made available as user space for applications. Also if you have shared video memory that will be coming out of the 4G. What Windows shows (in the control panel under system) IS the total amount it has access to (physically), so if THAT shows 3.5 something is going on - if you ophysically have 4G my bext guess is that you have on-board graphics that uses shared video memory and is taking 0.5G of it and thus it is denied to Windows at a hardware (well firmware strictly) level.

5. Katza

Katza Chieftain

Although I have already redownloaded and patched the mod it always crashes in various situations. Most often when generating a Map, but at least while ending the first turn. And all my units and Buildings have no name. There is only the picture but no name (not even in Civilopedia)

6. PsiCorps

PsiCorps FF: Babylon 5 mod team

Thanks for the information. Maybe i'm not as computer literate as I should be and please correct me if I'm wrong but when I posted my specs
    I assumed that the 64x2 meant I was using a 64-bit machine?

7. Koshling

Koshling Vorlon

It measn you have 64 bit HARDWARE. However, you're running a 32 bit OS, so it's not using the 64-bit capabilities of your hardware.

8. Dancing Hoskuld

Dancing Hoskuld Deity

Welcome to CFC and C2C. Are you playing in English, what you describe sometimes happens if you play in another language than English? We are trying to track down the bug.

9. Katza

Katza Chieftain

In German but I don't know how to change the language

10. Dancing Hoskuld

Dancing Hoskuld Deity

In your CivilizationIV.ini file change the line Language = 2 to Language = 0. I am running Windows XP so for me that file is in the folder "My Documents/My Games/Beyond the Sword".

11. strategyonly

strategyonly C2C Supreme Commander

OK SVN 3255 newest:

AI City if left vacant with units around city but not IN city?? 1 turn before and turn of included, screenie, and all logs.

Logs are too big, so will have to go to a server for them:

http://www.gamefront.com/files/22066532/Logs.zip (I believe this is ALL of the attached)

12. charlesb96

charlesb96 King

Spanish Citidel requires a castle in the city before it can be built. Star Fort replaces Castle. I can build a star fort, but not a castle, but a star fort does not fill the requirement to build a Spanish Citidel, and I have not reached Economics yet which obsoletes castles. What do I change to make the Spanish Citidel possible with either a Castle or Star Fort? Is there an OrBuildingClassNeeded tag?

13. PsiCorps

PsiCorps FF: Babylon 5 mod team

Pardon my ignorance Koshling, does this mean my system is able to support the Windows 7 OS?

14. BlueGenie

BlueGenie Emperor

Actually that 64 part is just part of the name of the processor. I'm not sure it is fully capable of a true 64-bit architecture considering it's almost 6 years old. Win7 does come in 32-bit versions too though, I think your machine should be able to cope with that. I'd save up and upgrade if I were you though, but then again I upgrade my own computer every other year or so.

Cheers

15. AIAndy

AIAndy Deity

It is a 64 bit processor (AMD first introduced a 64 bit Athlon in 2003).

16. Koshling

Koshling Vorlon

Yes it does

17. Koshling

Koshling Vorlon

I couldn't get this to reproduce :(

I loaded the first save and used the nearby rogue to attack the bison (kills it) and then move onto the plot it winds up on in the picture. I then let the AI play its turn, but it didn't vacate the city as it did for you.

I **did** find a small bug that might be contributary (which I'll fix), but it doesn't fully explain what happened in your case.

Can you reproduce it from the saves you posted for me? If so EXACTLY what do you do with your units that turn?

18. strategyonly

strategyonly C2C Supreme Commander

Actually i just let the unit(s) sit where they are. But in the second one the city should be empty, correct?

19. Koshling

Koshling Vorlon

The second save has it empty but that's no help in diagnosing WHY it got that way. I need to get it to do that for me again from the first save, and I haven't found a way to reproduce that. As I say, moving the rogue to where it winds up in the second save, and then letting the AI play its turn does NOT do it again for me. If you can give me a recipe of moves you make from the first save to get it to reproduce that is what I need.

20. ls612

ls612 Deity Moderator

@Koshling:

Here is a save that can repeat the issue. Take Tracker 1 and move him down 2 squares, and you will reveal an ocean tile exhibiting the issue.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.