V24 Bugs/crashes reporting thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Beadmaker's Hut goes obsolete with Currency. Beads resource don't but after Currency one can not have Beads any more unless trading for it.
Craft's Hut doesn't go obsolete until Applied Economics and gets a +1%:gold: bonus from Beads.
Should there not be a way to still have the Beads Resource even after Currency without having to trade for it? Beadmaker's Hut could for instance get a -2:gold: hit at Currency (or -1 and another -1 at Glassblowing tech) instead of going obsolete and go obsolete at Applied Economics like the Craft's Hut.

Cheers

This is slightly embarrassing. I am setting up C2C on my new computer, and whenever I try to load the mod, either via a shortcut and the INI, or via the in-game mod load dialog, it will start for a couple of seconds, then crash before even getting to the load screen, with no minidump. I'm pretty sure I have not made any of the rookie mistakes in installing C2C, so I don't know what is going on.:( It is slightly embarrassing not to know how to install your own mod, but that is the situation I am apparently in.

Edit: Nevermind, I am an idiot. I forgot the 3.19 patch.:hammer2:

More or less reproducible black tile or unrevealed tile issue. Hotseat, Viewport 50x30,2. SVN 3228 (3234? according to update just now, at least 3235 was the first note)
View attachment Another Viewport Issue.rar
When you load, you'll be playing as Churchill (player 2) and the tiles should all be black/ with the view centered on your capital. Recenter VP through military advisor. Skip turn for all units (give the tracker to the north of London the Woodsman 1 promo so he has some chance of living). End Turn. As methos (player 1) recenter the VP on capital through military advisor and wake up the wanderer that's waiting to be upgraded once Tracking is done [separate issue: going through the civ flag and activating it from the all black city screen crashes the game for me]. Leave him where he is, but awake. End Turn. On Churchill's turn keep everything in place and hope the tracker to the north stays alive and end turn. Nothing should happen on methos' turn, skip the wanderer's turn and end turn. When tracker 1's turn comes up, he'll be surrounded by black tiles (and badly beaten up)

I am seeing some bad pathing choices. I attempt to move a unit 1 space into an adjacent space, hills or forest, something that will take more than 1 MP. The space I start in does not have road, but space moving into does. my unit will NOT move that 1 space into the adjacent space, but instead will try to move elsewhere to a road, then move into the hill, even if this means my unit will not get there in 1 turn. This has resulted is several of my units being wiped out because the reinforceing army will not climb that hill, but looks for a road and therefore does not get there in 1 turn.

Same sort of set up, but now the spaces left and right of the target space are owned by countries that I do not have open borders with, yet the pathing STILL tries to move into those impassable spaces to get to the open space I want to move into. Even if starting and target space are both my land, inside my civ borders, the unit tries to move OUT of my land through impassable spaces. Just because starting space does not have a road directly to the target space, but other spaces do.

Stack attack and Blitz units
I have at least 1 unit in a stack with blitz, multiple attack, I attack an enemy stack with mine, the blitz unit attacks first, and wins but is injured. All units are still selected because they still have movement left, including the blitz unit. I attack the enemy stack again and the injured blitz unit is the one chosen to be the attacker. Even if the blitz unit is down to 0.1 HP, when the whole stack is selected to attack, IT will be the one chosen, the battle odds will reflect this, no chance of winning. I have to unselect the blitz unit from the stack before another fully healthy unit will be chosen to attack.

I am seeing some bad pathing choices. I attempt to move a unit 1 space into an adjacent space, hills or forest, something that will take more than 1 MP. The space I start in does not have road, but space moving into does. my unit will NOT move that 1 space into the adjacent space, but instead will try to move elsewhere to a road, then move into the hill, even if this means my unit will not get there in 1 turn. This has resulted is several of my units being wiped out because the reinforceing army will not climb that hill, but looks for a road and therefore does not get there in 1 turn.

Same sort of set up, but now the spaces left and right of the target space are owned by countries that I do not have open borders with, yet the pathing STILL tries to move into those impassable spaces to get to the open space I want to move into. Even if starting and target space are both my land, inside my civ borders, the unit tries to move OUT of my land through impassable spaces. Just because starting space does not have a road directly to the target space, but other spaces do.
I assume you are on V24 not the SVN? This was fixed in the SVN about 2 weeks ago.

Stack attack and Blitz units
I have at least 1 unit in a stack with blitz, multiple attack, I attack an enemy stack with mine, the blitz unit attacks first, and wins but is injured. All units are still selected because they still have movement left, including the blitz unit. I attack the enemy stack again and the injured blitz unit is the one chosen to be the attacker. Even if the blitz unit is down to 0.1 HP, when the whole stack is selected to attack, IT will be the one chosen, the battle odds will reflect this, no chance of winning. I have to unselect the blitz unit from the stack before another fully healthy unit will be chosen to attack.

Can you post a save that illustrates this please.

From v24: I can't remember exactly what the promotion is called, but early in a game I had a rock thrower get the fire arrow III promotion and then get the fire arrow II later (never had fire arrow I), both through combat promotions. I thought it was strange to have those promotions available in prehistoric times (and for rock throwers :) ); it seems like that promotion line is missing prerequisites.

The Ballista mammoth riders are hanging from the side

The Kallinari lose their heads in combat

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0004.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0004.JPG
    307 KB · Views: 68
  • Civ4ScreenShot0003.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0003.JPG
    276.3 KB · Views: 60
The Ballista mammoth riders are hanging from the side

The Kallinari lose their heads in combat

Yeah i didnt notice the Mammoth one, because i dont go for the Megafauna stuff, but i did notice the heads popping off, that all due to the graphics person that made it, but the mammoth one is a matter of just the wrong kfm, i believe.

Yeah i didnt notice the Mammoth one, because i dont go for the Megafauna stuff, but i did notice the heads popping off, that all due to the graphics person that made it, but the mammoth one is a matter of just the wrong kfm, i believe.

Which kfm is correct then?

Which kfm is correct then?

Thats HARD to say, when i was putting units into all the civs i made, sometimes, i would have to check like 10 different kfm, just to find the right one.

All i can say is check other elephant one like this one: and maybe it might work, maybe not???

Art/Units/Unique_Khmer_MammothBallista/Khmer_ElephantBallista

@AIAndy I'm getting some quirky behavior with saved queues while using the invert shift-clicking on city screen option. The queue it saves if I ctrl click seems to be just the last item in the queue. I checked with the option off and the queue saves/reloads properly. If I turn the option back on, the saved queue doesn't load, only one item appears (I'd guess this is another queue stored somewhere, but I didn't save it intentionally). Turning the option off again the queue saved two steps ago loads correctly again, so at the least, the invert option is preventing the load.

I seem to have found that crime buildings that add to Building Maintenance don't properly "let" go of the increased costs when no longer in the city. Doing a recalc solves it but should not be necessary, especially considering that doing a recalc on a developed game in MP games breaks the connection between the players (timed out).

Cheers

EDIT: Supplying a save game to illustrate the effect.
On load one unit, a Town Watchman, should be active in the city of Malinalco.
Looking at the info on that city you have a Crime rate of 83, getting Crime (Forgery) in the city. Current city maintenance in Malinalco on that turn is 23.48:gold: and you see that 15 of that is from building maintenance.
The TW has just arrived and when ending the turn he'll influence the tile and the city to bring the Crime down to 61. The Forgery is removed but the total city maintenance stays the same while it shows building maintenance of 7.50 instead of 15.
Doing a recalc (waiting on the result...) sets the city maintenance down to 15.98:gold:, which is where it should have been once the crime building was removed in the first place.

People with high costs should perhaps try a recalc if they haven't done so recently.

Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom