V24 Bugs/crashes reporting thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
10-4, Roger Wilco, over.

JosEPh :)

Got through that WfoC. Thank you K. I'll report again if there's more trouble on the horizon.

Cheers

I believe I have fixed the spate of WFoC's and crashes. Should be pushed to SVN shortly. However, I already had a bunch of fixes before I started testing with the actual save games people provided, and many did not reproduce with the fixes I already had, so it's hard to be totally sure. Try again after I push my changes to SVN in an hour or so and let me know if you still have issues.

It :woohoo: fixed mine:bowdown: Now i can test again;)

<deleted>
JosEPh :(

Re did the SVN and now works. :crazyeye:

JosEPh :)

Latest SVN, I have a group of 5 ships, when I try to move them, the game crashes. I'm using viewpoints and there are some units outside the inital viewpoint.

Savegame attached.

edit: Turning off viewpoints seems to fix the problem.

Attachments

• Canada 1.rar
    2 MB · Views: 37
Latest SVN, I have a group of 5 ships, when I try to move them, the game crashes. I'm using viewpoints and there are some units outside the inital viewpoint.

Savegame attached.

You should also attach a minidump so that Koshling has an easier time finding out what is wrong.

Savegame attached.

Can you give me a more detailed description please. Specifically, what viewport size, and what move did you attempt with the group of 5 ships (and where is it so I can find it to try to move it if it's not obvious)?

Can you give me a more detailed description please. Specifically, what viewport size, and what move did you attempt with the group of 5 ships (and where is it so I can find it to try to move it if it's not obvious)?

I tried the viewport at 35/35 and then at 50/50, same results. The ships are on the coast of the coast of the continent (I am on an Island), near the barbarian city of Tartar.

I just tried to move the ships towards my cities using the mouse. The first time, they just did nothing (I executed the move and they stayed there), so I tried a second time and the game crashed. The second time, I tried to move them I think 3 times and nothing happened, before the game crashed. A third time, the game crashed when I clicked on them.

I was having a problem with the game CTD when I attempted to move a newly built tracker. It didn't seem to matter which direction. No save game because I started a new game and it CTD when I tried to move the stone thrower, so I'm thinking it's any movement via right click ( I've been automating most everything this afternoon). Am wondering if anyone else this issue so broadly.

Ed. Should say that's from SVN this afternoon.

Ed.2 Tried again to get a log file, and now it's simply refusing to acknowledge right click movement inputs (I get the arrow and destination circles, but nothing happens when I click the second time). Nothing appears in the log related to that.

Those of you raising (or not getting any effect at all) when trying to move with right click, could you try using the G comment then left clicking, and let me know if that works. I'm not at my computer to try this evening any more (writing this on an iPad), but I suspect when I fixed the g-click mechanism for moving I screwed up normal rout click moving in the process (doh me). If this is the cas it should be easy to fix tomorrow - let me kow if usingG works for you please.

g-clicking and using the in game move button seem to work fine.

Probably unrelated, I found that the first tracker I 'fixed' by automating was immediately followed by a contact (probably through one of the other automated trackers), so I thought at the time it might be related to the leaderhead crash issue. I read somewhere here that the LHs were supposed to be static, but checking the civilopedia, there seem to be 20 animated heads around. So I was wondering about that inconsistency.

Received a strange error message when starting a new game (2nd one after installing V24).

Error in EndGameTurn event handler <function on EndGameTurn at 0x172EE970>

I get this message every turn.

Also, flammability and volcanism seem to be happening extremely often. In a 100 turn period of a game (prior to the above mentioned bug) I had at least 5 volcanic eruptions and 10-15 fires in my starting city.

Received a strange error message when starting a new game (2nd one after installing V24).

Error in EndGameTurn event handler <function on EndGameTurn at 0x172EE970>

I get this message every turn.

Also, flammability and volcanism seem to be happening extremely often. In a 100 turn period of a game (prior to the above mentioned bug) I had at least 5 volcanic eruptions and 10-15 fires in my starting city.

Have you installed the patch? I think it is supposed to have fixes for both sets of problems

Game keeps crashing on launch with or without viewports switched on. This is after updating svn, so its the latest version.

Attachments

• MiniDump.rar
    12.8 KB · Views: 36
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom