V37 LP/Streams Diety Mode

My next playthrough will include a lot of more difficult options. Like I will take away no minor races and Surround and Destroy. I will add in hunted animals do not teleport - this will add a LOT of difficulty I believe? Can anyone else think of anything else that could make the game harder?

I might even play on a smaller map with maybe the same amount of AI? should I keep Goodie huts on or off? Same with Random Events - these can royally fuk you over early game or give you a crazy boost I feel.

Thank you all I hope to hear from people before Mid-June - when my last episode will be made public

Hey!

As for Goodie Huts, they provide both good stuff but also bad stuff the higher the Difficulty level.

Newsfalsh: Not sure if you are aware of this but a new, Tech tree and Number of Eras in the Mod, Project is underway. New Eras in the late game and an influx of tech changes are happening now. Then game balance for Game Speeds and Eras will also be going on to compensate for the new changes in both Tech tree and Eras.

JosEPh

IdioticUlt1mara: if you want a challenge, upgrade to latest SVN and try out deity/nightmare. Nightmare has been boosted a lot in difficulty *after* V37.

For example, in my current game (playing Smoke Jaguar of Maya, Agressive/Industrious/Hunter-Gatherer on a Large, PerfectWorld2f, snail speed map), I started very close to Mali and managed to pick up a lot of starting cash (800 or so) from goody huts and wonders of nature. Apparently Mali didn't prioritize military techs as I was able to rush him very early in game (my spiked clubmen vs his stone throwers as main city defense units was an easy win) and the starting cash held out long enough to enable me to build enough anti-crime and pay my bills until my income was large enough to support both cities. So I had a decent area with good quality real estate for myself. I had copper and elephants but no stone (which hurts financially) and no horse. However I was the last to reach Writing (I was the last Minor Civ in my score list), was almost last in score by that time (the ones below me were civs that spawned from former barbarian cities), and the number two in the score list was already researching Classical Lifestyle, which was at that time at least 31 (!) techs away from me. I managed to buy a dozen or so techs before I hit the "We fear you are becoming too advanced" tech trading debuff. With my neighbours having larger armies and more advanced units, and research getting slower, I'll be having a rough time ahead. Especially since every additional military unit I own costs about 6 gold/turn so I have to keep my army small and micromanage my finances. I have no world wonders except for two early cave wonders, and was not able to grab any religion, and most of the Ancient Era religions are already taken by other civs. So I can't use the strategy of stacking religious building research bonuses.

I did get incredibly lucky when Denmark sent a large army of superior units to my capital, but just before it arrived, a tornado (50% damage/turn) showed up in just the right tile and destroyed his entire invasion army in two turns while he was still knocking down my city defenses. Who needs religion when God is on your side, right?

I did get incredibly lucky when Denmark sent a large army of superior units to my capital, but just before it arrived, a tornado (50% damage/turn) showed up in just the right tile and destroyed his entire invasion army in two turns while he was still knocking down my city defenses. Who needs religion when God is on your side, right?
Wow... that's one for the record books huh? I'd love to have seen that happen!

I will be doing new let's play with Nightmare mode on - but that will be about June/July time. I feel that when the AI gets ahead @Noriad2 once you catch up, which does happen, you start to get a MAJOR lead at some point.

Top Bottom