[vanilla bug] Danes keeps all their remaining move points when disembarking

Pep

King
As you can see in the first image, the embarked archer has 5/5 move points remaining. In the second image, he has 4/2 move points remaining (lost 1 at disembarking).

I think it's overpowered, specially later in the game, when you have lots of embarked movement points.

IMO, when a Danes unit disembark should have at maximum its top land movement points (2 in the archer's case).

Anyway, this bug comes from vanilla. I don't know if it can be fixed in the unofficial patch.

Attachments

• danes_moves.jpg
    danes_moves.jpg
    180.7 KB · Views: 64
  • danes_moves_2.jpg
    danes_moves_2.jpg
    196.8 KB · Views: 82
I see it as a feature, not a bug, because it makes the Danes more fun!

Likewise - it makes a Danish landing fleet a force to reckon with. It'll be interesting to see how the GaK AI does with Denmark. I expect (or, more accurately, hope) that Denmark will go from one of the least successful AIs to one of the most fearsome.

Interesting shouldn't it be like : You don't lose a turn when you embark and then you can move as archer 2 movements

It just changes the base movement points. The same thing happens when any other unit changes base movement points... such as when a vanguard unit gets the +1:c5moves: promotion. It becomes 2/3:c5moves:, not 3/3:c5moves. If that 3/3 unit later gets the "upgrade to archer" opportunity it becomes 3/2:c5moves: for one turn. This is exactly the same as the Danish situation.

That peculiarity in the game core is also why Darius' Golden Age and movement bonus are off by a turn instead of coinciding.

Top Bottom